Televisions

As I now do a parcel company run I get to sit on a bay in the central hub for up to 5 hours everynight so am contemplating getting a tv/dvd, the mechanicy type bloke at work who does all the maintenace has said he will fit whatever i buy in the cab so I have a budget of upto £200 could anybody recommend anything, I have looked on ebay and found a 12v tv/dvd combi with freeview and 50games with a 10.1 screen for around £140 think its brand is Meos but having never bought anything like this I am seeking advice - many thanks in advance and for any interested parties the Stralis is driving fine!

I would get an ipad mate, it does everything … :smiley:

I’d just go for an ipad or laptop as well.

I plug into the truck stereo for sound.

I just bought one of these, although it doesn’t say so in the description it’s actually a 12v TV which is supplied with and powered by a 240v/12v transformer, TV, DVD, built-in Freeview, HD ready, Scart socket and USB port for £99.99.

argos.co.uk/static/Product/p … D+ALBA.htm

Thanks for the replies so far, regarding ipad and laptops i haven’t got that kind of money and to be honest wouldn’t use them to there full so an old fashioned tv/dvd thing like Harry mentioned above is what Im looking for, what kind of aerial do you use harry and how have you found it for tuning in etc■■? Concerned a little that the big hub building will play havoc getting a signal - starting to sound like one of those daft questions now but i want to get this right first time

My truck has one of these fitted to the roof.

But you should be able to get a pic using a Magic Circle in most places. I’ve had a couple of these and they have done the job well.

cool will give both those a try wondering about mounting tv on side of cab (doh inside) do they do special brackets for this??

Don’t touch the MEOS with a bargepole. Absolute pile of ■■■■■■ Seriously. I had one packed up after 2 uses. The replacement under warranty (After about 100 e-mails) Worked twice and the DVD player stopped working. AVOID. AVOID AVOID!

thanks for that bigvern just to clarify - AVOID - seriously though thanks for that

I should charge you for that, being as I saved you a shed load of hassle! :smiley: :laughing:

bigvern1:
I should charge you for that, being as I saved you a shed load of hassle! :smiley: :laughing:

and a shed load of money, submit an invoice

Norfolknewbie:
cool will give both those a try wondering about mounting tv on side of cab (doh inside) do they do special brackets for this??

Yes, I have one of these, this was taken before I installed the TV obviously, but it swivels through 360 degrees and folds up flat against the cupboard space when it’s not in use.

God I’m a real pest but how much was that Harry and where did you get it from - the bedding i’m on about lol -no seriously the bracket

My four year old can navigate round an iPad with no problem at all … You old boys hey !!! :slight_smile: !

Can get a decent second hand laptop on EBay for £150 and then get a tv card for it and your away

Norfolknewbie:
God I’m a real pest but how much was that Harry and where did you get it from - the bedding i’m on about lol -no seriously the bracket

I don’t know, it was already fitted when I bought the truck, it’s been very heavily modified inside and that was just one of the many extras in it.

All very lovely to have when you’re away all week but a bit sobering when you drive onto a weighbridge solo and the girl tells you that you are weighing in at a few hundred kilograms short of 10 tonnes… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

jimboy124:
My four year old can navigate round an iPad with no problem at all … You old boys hey !!! :slight_smile: !

Yeah but can he program a sanyo top loading beta-max VCR to do a recording at say 2030hrs on ITV? Nope neither can I lol!!! Anything like laptops or Ipads I would need my daughters at work with me to work and that sort of ruins the reason for going to work ie escaping three daughters and a wife for a few hours lol

blimey Harry I only sit on bay for 5 hours, wouldnt have time to use all of your equipment (before innuendos start I mean microwave, toaster and kettle lol )but that does look like a nice set up you have there

Norfolknewbie:

jimboy124:

Yeah but can he program a sanyo top loading beta-max VCR to do a recording at say 2030hrs on ITV? Nope neither can I lol!!! Anything like laptops or Ipads I would need my daughters at work with me to work and that sort of ruins the reason for going to work ie escaping three daughters and a wife for a few hours lol

No she can’t … But then again nor could I !

Norfolknewbie:
blimey Harry I only sit on bay for 5 hours, wouldnt have time to use all of your equipment (before innuendos start I mean microwave, toaster and kettle lol )but that does look like a nice set up you have there

He also has a stash of brown paper bags as well … :slight_smile: