tv,s

Just started doing nights out recently and have a bit of money to splash out on a telly for my cab.Trouble is im clueless as to the equipment i need ie powering it aerials etc any advice please

S`pose there are several considerations to think about before splashing the cash.

1. do you have your own regular truck? …see 2
  2. will you be leaving it in the cab 24/7? … if no it will need to be more portable, and fit in your bag.
  3. what is your regular choice of TV channel …Sky/freeview/terestrial
  4. do you want to watch DVD`s/videos … combos or seperate units.

your cheapest option, get a cheap TV from adsa/tesco and buy a 12/24/240 inverter, as 12/24v TV`s are more expensive than 240v ones.

I have a roadstar DVD combo, which by todays standards is massive and bulky.
given the choice again Id buy a cheap 14"+ flat panel TV that could be mounted above the passenger door, so i could watch it while layed in the bunk, or sat chilling out in the drivers seat, waiting to tip. and mounting it there wouldnt clutter up the dashboard and block the view out of the window when driving

if you look at the back of the cheap tvs in asdas,tescos etc you will find that they run off 12v transformers and therefore should run off a normal 12v adapter available in maplins

I got a cheap tv from tesco, the cheapest invertor from MotorWorld and a Duraband DVD player from ASDA.

A point to remember is that if the TV says 75w on the back, it’s going to need a lot more than that to switch on. My invertor alarm goes off about 10 times before the tv has enough power to turn on.

They are ok i suppose not had much to do with any unless you count funny girls in Blackpool oh and the one seen around town calling himself Samantha as long as they leave me alone i don…ooops sorry wrong kind of TV i’ll get my coat and i don’t know anyone called Samantha