Tut tut, Speeding AND no lane discipline

I would just like to say Hi to a Lawsons of Cockermouth driver.

At 2pm today (10/12), we both came up to Colsterworth.

I was in my car and he, obviously in his truck. We came over what is left of the roundabout, northbound, and as far as I could tell there is a 6’ 6" width restriction on the outside lane.

There is DEFINATELY a 50mph speed limit and as I was doing a tad over 50 on my speedo, so I could be certain this guy was on his limiter.

I just want to congratulate you on this totally class A performance of “I’m a Trucker And I Don’t Care”

So, when you guys get moaned at for not sticking to posted limits and restrictions, just remember, you’ll usually have brought it on yourself. (Yes that does include me. :laughing:)

I suppose that this guy was going N/bound from the roundabout, and not turning right to go to T/stop ? Still does not condone speeding.
I had my mirrors nearly ripped off (if i hadn’t backed off) going into the roadworks @ Markham Moor … Lithuanian doing (at least 56 !) plus on the phone, in the outside lane … 6’ 6’’ width restriction.
Time we started making them all but a “vingette” … surely not beyond the realms to just link into the Euro system ? Sorry rant over. :laughing:

I had already come past him once around the “■■■■■■■■■ Lane” area.

As I came up to, and across the RB, I got to 50 and there he is, whipping past, :laughing:, I didnt overtake him again until we were back out of the works.

I aint bothered like, it’s his business, but it did make think of the ignorance to the general rules of that set of roadworks.

I mean, it’s not like theres miles and miles of speed restriction. Even my mother commented on it and she’s 76. :open_mouth: :laughing: But then again shes had to listen to me moaning for years !! :laughing: :laughing:

i’ ve seen this sort of thing a few times of late.
i’d like too see them explain it, if they were too bump someone.
speeding, and in the wrong lane,.
divs :unamused:

well, if you are that annoyed about it, you should have dialled the phone number on the side of the truck and asked for the Transport Manager and given his registration number, and location and told him what exactly had happened.

it’s surprising how many TM’s are prepared to listen to complaints about their drivers and do something about it.

As you say, it not only gives HIM a bad name, but it affects us all

Yes I agree it could have been an issue to report and could have been a dangerous thing to do, but to be honest, I’m not sure of the issue of a width restriction along there or not.

I posted it as a general observation really. Being out of work I don’t get out and about to see much really, and it was just one of those things that I happened to take notice of.

Anyway, being a grass isnt my style although, had it been a really stupid and dangerous thing then yes I would have reported him. More for the sake of him bearing a complaint in mind in the future.

I think you only have to read THIS to see what people think of snitchers, wind up or not. :laughing:

I was reading this post with interest until Derby Flyer mentioned “■■■■■■■■■ Lane”…mmmmmmmmmmmmm ■■■■■■■■■.

Layby Larry:
mmmmmmmmmmmmm ■■■■■■■■■.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have that same thought every time I pass it, :laughing:

Same here Darby, aright pair of sick ■■■■■ or what?

Layby Larry:
I was reading this post with interest until Derby Flyer mentioned “■■■■■■■■■ Lane”…mmmmmmmmmmmmm ■■■■■■■■■.

Absolute rubbish Larry. I know for a fact if you are passing Honeypot Lane northbound you’re concentrating on getting into Colsterworth Cafe and pay it no attention.
If you’re passing it southbound you’ve just left Colsterworth Cafe and you’re concentrating on getting your cruise control on and settling down for your snooze.

Guilty as Charged your Honour…

the maoster:
and settling down for your snooze.

Is that the snooze when you sit in the 5 day traffic jam for the roadworks at the carpenters lodge roundabout?? :laughing: :astonished: