Lets have some comments please grrrrrr

eveningstar.co.uk/content/ev … 3A54%3A287

nuff said

Hmmm …interesting

Probably some jumped up little sod of a councillor put that forward.

I like the bit about cars having to “hit the brakes” when a lorry is doing an overtaking manouvre

Personally I just take my foot of the gas and slow down properly as I tend to be “looking where I am going” unklike some of the other car users.

Fair play to FTA man for trying to stand up for HGV’s, not quite enough to make much of an impression tho methinks.

I reckon that the FTA has got it wrong and the councillor has got it right for a change.So why did’nt the FTA ask for a minimum 50mph limit in the inside lane to stop trucks having to overtake anyway.The same applies on motorways.A lot of the time it’s trucks which are causing other trucks problems by plodding along at under the limit when there’s no reason for it and the motorway problem is made even worse by variations in speed limiter calibration so the FTA should be campaigning to get rid of those too.

Easier still - make the limit 60 for cars & trucks - the speedos will read the same when truck is reading 56, car will read 60 :wink: :bulb:

Its the “idiots” who don’t/wont back off for a few seconds to let the faster (ish) lorry pass, Arrogant lorry drivers cause problems!! :imp:

Yes i am a lorry driver, and when another truck wants to pass i let him, makes life that much easier.

Koop:
Its the “idiots” who don’t/wont back off for a few seconds to let the faster (ish) lorry pass, Arrogant lorry drivers cause problems!! :imp:

Yes i am a lorry driver, and when another truck wants to pass i let him, makes life that much easier.

Seconded.

Koop:

Koop is absolutely right and I agree with him.
Even when I am travelling on a single carriageway at 40mph I often go round a roundabout to let others pass. It only takes a few seconds and keeps the traffic moving.

Where i agree with folks complaining about two LGVs overtaking for miles there is nothing worse and in my opinion petty and bad practice IF the lorry has made it along side he/she is obviously faster ,knock the speed limiter off a few K’s and let them pass ! it costs you two mins and no problems ,
ALTHO i have a wee question to ask

""Our policy has been based on the fact that many HGVs are restricted to 56mph and to have one such vehicle overtaking another during the busy rush hour period causes congestion and potential accidents as motorists travelling at 70mph suddenly have to hit the brakes."

Point 1) In rush hour NO ONE moves fast ! so it doesnt matter if your in a ferrari or in a topline scania!

Point 2) Should the cars not be paying attention(IE forward road planning) that they dont need to HIT the brakes ? and doesnt teh same applie to LGVs ? a stationary object is a stationary object once again it doesnt matter if its the ferrari or the scania!

PS all points are my hubble opinion :smiley:

Koop:

Drivers are their own worst enemies :exclamation:

ALL drivers that travel “on the limiter” on dual carriageways are “idiots” :exclamation:

If everyone travelled @ 50mph , then those who wanted/needed to overtake would have a little in reserve. :unamused:

Let them put lane restrictions on the A12, “idiots” will just ignore it, the same as the “idiots” do on the A14 :exclamation:

Yes I am a lorry driver.

Drive safe
You only get NOWHERE, fast :wink:

DieselDemon:

Koop:

Koop is absolutely right and I agree with him.
Even when I am travelling on a single carriageway at 40mph I often go round a roundabout to let others pass. It only takes a few seconds and keeps the traffic moving.

oh so those asda drivers havent lost the plot then when they drive round marston mortaine roundabout 7 times :exclamation: :wink: it’s to let traffic clear…ohhhh :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :exclamation: :wink: its a shame though they didnt put more in between the asda depo and the m1 as that ruddy by-pass they currently building not open till late 2019 :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Marston roundabout is an exception. It’s 40mph from our depot to the M1 and that’s where my speedo stays. So it would be pointless to circle that roundabout, I’m sure you’ll agree. :wink:

The circling a roundabout is one of my tricks I was coming back up the A46 just north of the M5 last week and being menaced by a boy racer and a tuffnells wagon and drag, I pulled into a bus stop to let them by before the W & D driver had an accident. Back on topic, typical anti lorry ■■■■■■ I wonder how the Small Business Alliance’s members would fare without lorries.

Gridlocked A12? :laughing: They’re going to moan over the next few months because there’s roadworks on the Boreham stretch now, as they are widening it from 2 lanes to 3 lanes.

I use that road everyday and there’s never congestion as bad as they say there is, most of it is caused by car drivers going too fast and slamming on brakes anyway!

It’s not the lorries that cause the problem, it’s the ■■■■■ in their cars dithering along at 40/50mph and then speeding up when you go to overtake :angry: if lorries are banned from the outer lane, then cars should be banned from going below 60mph in the inside lane.

Oh and as for cars having to slam on their brakes, that’s because the car driver sees the lorry indicating to pull out into the safe gap, thinking “you’re not getting in front of me” and flooring it in a pathetic attempt to close the gap :unamused:

Grayham:
It’s not the lorries that cause the problem, it’s the [zb] in their cars dithering along at 40/50mph and then speeding up when you go to overtake :angry: if lorries are banned from the outer lane, then cars should be banned from going below 60mph in the inside lane.

Oh and as for cars having to slam on their brakes, that’s because the car driver sees the lorry indicating to pull out into the safe gap, thinking “you’re not getting in front of me” and flooring it in a pathetic attempt to close the gap :unamused:

That’s exactly it.

I dont know why that article mentions a top speed of 56mph, the limit is 50 :laughing:

I can see it now, us being forced to use the inside lane only, then when we dont let cars on at the slip roads, that’ll be our fault too and another atricle will be published :smiley:

The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) claimed that HGVs overtaking other lorries and blocking both lanes of the A12 were not only causing congestion but also delaying emergency vehicles trying to reach accidents.

yes lets roll this crap arguement out again :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: for goodness sake trying to win an arguement on the emergancy services back. i am pretty sure that every driver i know if they saw the flashing blue lights in their mirrors would give way by any means possible to let the emergancy vehicle through :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

C-Kay:

Grayham:
It’s not the lorries that cause the problem, it’s the [zb] in their cars dithering along at 40/50mph and then speeding up when you go to overtake :angry: if lorries are banned from the outer lane, then cars should be banned from going below 60mph in the inside lane.

That’s exactly it.

I dont know why that article mentions a top speed of 56mph, the limit is 50 :laughing:

I can see it now, us being forced to use the inside lane only, then when we dont let cars on at the slip roads, that’ll be our fault too and another atricle will be published :smiley:

there were/are rumours some doo goody councilers are pushing for this on the M11 between the A11 junction (jct 9) and stansted airport (jct 8 ) to improve traffic flow as that motorway until you reach the airport is only 2 lanes :exclamation: :exclamation:

C-Kay:

Grayham:

That’s exactly it.

Maybe that might teach them to use the acceleration lane on the slip roads for what it’s meant for in accelerating up to a speed where they can merge safely with the traffic on the inside lane but there’s no reason why cars should ever need help by a truck travelling at 20 mph less than they can enter the dual carriageway at.But why do we need to overtake other trucks on a road which limits them to 50 mph.Why does anyone need to drive a truck at less than that on a dual carriageway thereby forcing one going at 50mph to overtake it?.Anyway would’nt the best all round solution would be no ban on trucks using the outside lane but also a minimum 50mph for all vehicles capable of doing it?.Then there’d be less reason for trucks to be out there.

Koop:

Me too. :smiley:

And I drive a tipper :stuck_out_tongue: