TruScene Cameras

Does anyone have a TruScene camera?

truscene.com/

We are having them fitted but it’s all new to me so has anyone got one or am I the Guinea Pig? :wink:

we got them m8 . From what i understand it has a 30 second memory , and keeps recording over itself . If you trigger it off i.e very hard braking or an impact it will save the last 30 seconds prior to the trigger . Trying to show what happened if an accident occured . Was it your fault did someone pull out and you had no chance of stopping etc etc . I hope this helps .

yes my truck got fitted with it in september when the company insurance was up for renewal, boss said he made a good saving with fitting them.

Not got that particular make but there is a similar camera fitted to my truck. Ours constantly record 20 seconds and an impact, heavy braking or violent movement sets it off to save 14 seconds prior to the incident and 6 seconds after. Since I’ve had it in the vehicle I’ve only set it off twice, both times going over a speed hump in Holyhead Port. The second one you come to after disembarking seems a bit steeper than the others. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Having them fitted has already helped one of our drivers when a car cut in too soon after overtaking him and collided with the front of his truck. The driver started making all sorts of accusations but he quickly shut up when the camera was pointed out to him. Video from the camera showed he was entirely blameless.

There was a time when I would have considered this to be a bit “Big-Brother” but reading between the lines I think our insurance company have just reflected on what I put on the claim form when that car-full of Asians drove into my truck in Birmingham.

Having read quite a bit about these systems I figure it will not be many years before a lot of insurance companies are insisting upon them before they will provide cover at a sensible price, so many bogus claims (as above) can be disputed and proved by an innocent driver particularly in a collision.

Good or bad will always be debatable because of the big brother angle.

we got drivecams which are a similer system trouble is our lads are always in trouble for not weaing saet belts etc cos ours recaord the driver as well ours are really sensitive and go off over the slightest bump.

Harry Monk:
There was a time when I would have considered this to be a bit “Big-Brother” but reading between the lines I think our insurance company have just reflected on what I put on the claim form when that car-full of Asians drove into my truck in Birmingham.

Know what you mean, as long as its on the road and not in the cab its fine.

Even thought about similar thing for the car, seen it happen to many times with friends been involved in an accident, my mum was parked in a parking space and van reversed into her car. He admited liability etc… but later on the company he worked for called up claiming my mum ran into him he was stationary. Luckly there was a witness who had given my mum his details.

I’ve got one fitted ( a Tru Scene) Didn’t like the idea at first, but in retrospect it’s probably a good idea. From what I’ve read, records 30 seconds prior to a collision and 5 seconds after. Plus has GPS fixings with Grid reference and speed. A green light shows, when the camera is recording and at idle, if there’s a collision, the light turns to red, so that you can easily see, if a truck has had an incident.It can be taken out of it’s cradle and used manually to record pictures of an accident. It was my understanding that it was fitted at the request of the insurer.

Where I work, some drivers were scared that the camera was looking back at them, even though the lense was pointing forward. So they pulled the sun blind down, for anonimity !! :smiley: Apparently the yard shunter, who is never on the public highway, managed to fill his camera memory by hitting all the speed ramps around the yard.