Trucks and mobile phones

I like seeing on my travel up and down the uk roads all the trucks that have had £1000’s spend of them to make them look nice, only because i cant …GRRRRRR :laughing: but why oh why do i see alot of HGV drivers have a mobile phone to the ear when driving, cant they spend about £20 or so on a bluetooth headset or a handsfree kit in the truck…surely its safer and cheaper than a fine and points that could lose your job is it worth it… :confused: :confused:

SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE PEOPLE … :wink: :wink:

One of the biggest bug bears is the number of mobiles carried, ie work & personal, I was in Hong Kong and they are now pushing the new G3 phones out for around the £70 - £80 mark that holds the 2 sims so only one phone is needed, fit that with a Bluetooth headset and it makes fumbling for the right phone a thing of the past, but the down side is they also include a TV built in Lol so they now include a distraction to replace a distraction Lol

I’d love one of those 2 sim phones Davey!

Course, that’d only cut me down to 2 phones…one from every country i spend time in… :unamused:

muckymobile:
I like seeing on my travel up and down the uk roads all the trucks that have had £1000’s spend of them to make them look nice, only because i cant …GRRRRRR :laughing: but why oh why do i see alot of HGV drivers have a mobile phone to the ear when driving, cant they spend about £20 or so on a bluetooth headset or a handsfree kit in the truck…surely its safer and cheaper than a fine and points that could lose your job is it worth it… :confused: :confused:

SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE PEOPLE … :wink: :wink:

i totally agree with you, when i passed my test one of the first things i bought was a round of drinks (that wont be happening again :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: ) and the second was a bluetooth thingymabob. the amount of times i have been on the phone and passed a copper or a copper has passed me is unbelieveable. im one of these that cant ignore a ringing phone. bluetooth is the way ahead.

they are only about £20 and can be a licence saver!

I bought a dual sim phone in Hong Kong for £65 in March. Does everything my Sony Ericsson P1i does in the way of a smart phone, and the dual line facility works brilliantly.

Unfortunately I had it nicked a month or so back, they sell them in England now, do a google for dual sim phone. You wont get them from the main manufacturers but if its functionality you want they are spot on.

I got rid of my bluetooth headset after my dual sim was nicked, now the phone stays off while I’m driving, and my answer phone message says I’m driving and will call them back when I next stop.

I enjoy driving and talking on the phone, either hands free or not, while driving just seems wrong to me.

scarab thats exactly what I do with my personal phone, turn it off as soon as I get in the cab and let the answerphone do its job

as for the cab phone thats got hands free so thats not a problem especially if I forget to turn it on :blush:

passed a local reefer company driver this afternoon towards peterborough on the A15 on my way back to the yard, as i passed him near market deeping he had the phone in his hand resting againt the steering wheel, making no attempt to even hide it!!! :smiling_imp: :exclamation:

It amazes me the amount of truck drivers I see with the phone to the ear , are they stupid or what ■■

Also , car drivers… do they not realise we can see them trying to type text messages with the phone on their lap :bulb: :bulb:

I see it regular and when they start to wander out of the lane I like to lean on my horn. :wink: doesn’t half wake em up :imp:

allikat:
I’d love one of those 2 sim phones Davey!

Course, that’d only cut me down to 2 phones…one from every country i spend time in… :unamused:

You don’t need two sims, try one of these

ventustelecom.com/index.html

Any time any place anywhere… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I can see the problem with people texting.
But i can’t see a problem with having a phone to your ear on the motorway.
It does seem a bit daft to try to talk on the phone, drink a brew, and negotiate a roundabout.
So why have one rule covering various different circumstances? :unamused:

Blue tooth is a must but as far as international roaming is concerned you only need an unlocked phone and one of the sims from my last post, its that simple… :smiley: :smiley:

Lorry driving was a much better job before the invention of the mobile phone :wink:

Tiger.

Smee:
Blue tooth is a must but as far as international roaming is concerned you only need an unlocked phone and one of the sims from my last post, its that simple… :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah but it doesn’t solve the Boss Sim & Personal Sim scenario :wink:

Dual Sim phone = both Sims and only 1 phone with no change of numbers for anyone + Bluetooth headset Problem solved :slight_smile:

One unlocked phone, when in uk your normal sim whatever variety you prefer. Any other country in the world, uk sim out international sim in, and there you go… :smiley: :smiley: And did I mention its probably cheaper than UK sim cards too… :smiley:

Davey Driver:

Smee:

Yeah but it doesn’t solve the Boss Sim & Personal Sim scenario :wink:

Dual Sim phone = both Sims and only 1 phone with no change of numbers for anyone + Bluetooth headset Problem solved :slight_smile:

hi mate you could hve a look at this
link

was looking for one earler for my self but in the end did not buy one

del

Smee:
One unlocked phone, when in uk your normal sim whatever variety you prefer. Any other country in the world, uk sim out international sim in, and there you go… :smiley: :smiley: And did I mention its probably cheaper than UK sim cards too… :smiley:

Hehehehe ~Yeah but your missing the point, dual sim = no need to remove Sim at all, and you can be contacted on both numbers at the same time, I use the UK sim in mine for UK calls and texts whereas the HK sim is used for HK Calls and texts, by having dual sim capability I dont need to swap sims to use each network, simply text uk by selecting sim 1 and HK by selecting sim 2

If its calls then press green button 1 for UK and green button 2 for HK, no more missed calls or texts until sim is changed.

You can guarantee that motorists would wait until driving before wanting to change sims adding to the inconsideration Lol

ive got one of these and its fantastic peice of kit…

parrot bluetooth

Hi , when my radio/cd player gave up the ghost in the car I replaced it with a Sony blue tooth unit , goes through the speakers, very clear, about £120

Last year just outside Exeter on the A30 an agency driver, driving a supermarket lorry was texting when he killed a young tractor driver. I bet he wished he had turned it off, he’s now doing 7 years at HMP is it worth it?

miketdt:
Last year just outside Exeter on the A30 an agency driver, driving a supermarket lorry was texting when he killed a young tractor driver. I bet he wished he had turned it off, he’s now doing 7 years at HMP is it worth it?

saw another one today using his mobile as he drove over a TLC small bridge, i was waiting at them - didnt have a care in the world, he was in a puddle jumper but still…when will they learn■■?

Bluetooth cochlear Implants are the way forward…then there is no excuse. :smiley: :laughing: :exclamation: