Truckin´phone needed

I would hereby like to say that, in keeping with board regulations and all, that this is, indeed, a lorry driving topic in that I need a phone to keep on driving …uh…very small lorries :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156740&p=2515277#p2515277

Anyone got a half decent Android phone kicking about, doing nothing, lemme know, ta mucho.

No andoid crap in my house.

But I have a fully working iPhone 5s that you can have for a decent price if you want.

I’m a ‘millennial’/‘snowflake’ so have a newer version (actually I won it whilst playing poker in Vietnam - but that’s another story). The 5s still hold a decent battery and has been left on my shelf in case the 6s breaks - but it hasn’t. Even had a sim card which with about £9 credit. Got sim when I started driving as a burner phone to give to companies - then I realised that I’d just ignore their calls on my real phone unless I wanted to speak to them.

Look at the OnePlus brand mate. Dual sim and fantastic package. You can buy their 2 year old 3t for a decent price. I’ve had the 3t and now on their OnePlus 5. Fantastic phone that I cannot fault.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Just go to the local kebab/pizza/chicken shop, see any you’ff on a moped, they will have a pocket full of cheap mobiles for sale

Thanks fellas, much appreciated :slight_smile:
Sammy, the problem I have with iPhones is not so much the phones, more the attitude. Way back, 10-12 years or so, I helped a mate put some music on his Apple phone, used my laptop to do it as it had to be through iTunes.
iTunes totally took over my laptop and cost me a weeks work, about 800 euros.
It told me I couldn´t use any of my backing tracks unless I licenced then through Apple. About 50 out of the 10,000 I had I actually made myself! Cheeky effers!
Complete wipe and re-install of Windows. B´stards.
But, not totally put off. Can we put that on hold for now? (See what I did there? ) :smiley: cheers bud.

Stu, yep, niiiice phone, just a tad out of my price range for now, 250 second hand doesn´t sound alot but just not do-able yet.
I´m fishing for a non retailer/private individual who thinks “Oh yeah, I have that Galaxy S9 doing nothing, you can have it for 50 quid”

Well, I can hope :smiley:

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre … 3136665897

£150

Thanks for the linky.
Screen needs replaced…about…what…80 squid?

Although, if this is still there on Friday (payday) I might just…
ebay.co.uk/itm/OnePlus-3T-6 … 100623.m-1

Honestly mate I can’t fault the phones. I got sick of Samsung and Apple when a friend recommended these. If you read the reviews they are fantastic, no bulky annoying apps pre-installed other than Play Store and Chrome. The dual SIM feature is easy to manage so both can run side by side with rules in place so you know if you make a UK to UK it would automatically come off the correct SIM. Likewise when in Spain your Spanish SIM would take precedent. No messing about manually changing between the two

I recently got a Samsung s3 ■■ off ebay , type in refurbished phones . was a argos return but you would swear it was brand new. came with 12months argos warranty too £70 :smiley:

Yep, rgr that Stu. It´s at the top of my list right now. Come Friday, if it´s still there, I´ll have one.

Unless I find on on eBay as per syramax :slight_smile: Thanks.

And Sammy´s still on hold, I´ll put the music on for you, mate :slight_smile: