Trucknet csi required

a.msn.com/08/en-gb/AANhQYp?ocid=se

Usual nonsense, drivers panic when it goes down to one lane, manage to go at maximum speed when it’s 2 or 3 lanes open, 1 lane open then it’s 40mph tops FFS, why?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The car driver had warnings for 800meters ,but still went for it in a car that isn’t known for its acceleration and there didn’t seem to be any attempts at braking either…Should the truck braked and let him in as he is a "professional driver " but should that excuse the car driver afterall he has passed a driving test …Was the trucker being a ■■■■ ,was the car driver being a ■■■■ ,afterall he put himself in that position

norb:
http://a.msn.com/08/en-gb/AANhQYp?ocid=se

Looks to me like the car had adequate time and space to slot in.

Given that perspective its unsurprising the trucker didn’t brake. All very well saying he should have anticipated the car driver idiotically braking…but the majority of cars wouldn’t brake in that scenario.

There’s professional drivers… and mind readers.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

One could argue the lorry driver could have braked and let the blind chump in, but you get twerps like yarisman who can’t see more than 6 ft past the front edge of the bonnet all days and every day.
I for one am fed up of having to drive other people’s cars for them…in the respect that we’re constantly taking evasive action to protect these fools from themselves, so no i don’t blame the lorry driver in this clip from not saving said fool from the results of his inattention/incompetence/bullheadedness/■■■■■■■■■■■

Surely you would brake for the idiot, considering road workers look as they may still be close to the start of the cones.

The usual and predictable result of an encounter between two drivers as pig-headed as each other. Yes, the car driver should have pulled into lane 1 earlier than he did but also the Pollock driver would have seen that he hadn’t and should have lifted off, it’s not in his job description to teach people a lesson.

Unfortunately we all know what would have happened once the Yaris was in front of the artic, he would have slowed down to ‘40mph’ or whatever he considered ‘safe’, causing more of an issue. You can bet that they are also the one of the many who, when joining the motorway, expect LGVs on the inside lane to slow down or move over rather than matching speed and joining. Hopefully it frightened the Yaris driver enough for to give up driving, but I doubt it.

Harry Monk:
The usual and predictable result of an encounter between two drivers as pig-headed as each other. Yes, the car driver should have pulled into lane 1 earlier than he did but also the Pollock driver would have seen that he hadn’t and should have lifted off, it’s not in his job description to teach people a lesson.

Yep I agree.
If he had gone over the top of that wonker he would have been in deep ■■■■.
I know doing things like that are tempting when these clowns ■■■■ you off (not to drive over him btw :laughing: ) and I’ve been guilty of similar stuff in the past,… but we are supposed to be ‘pro’ s after all, but more importantly I would not like to do 3 to 5 years in Durham for manslaughter of a complete prick…especially as in this case the whole scenario was recorded on camera which the prosecution would take great delight in using it for your downfall.
Cameras have stopped me doing LOTS of things these last few years.

(Bring on the pro in cab constant driver facing camera ‘bend over’ regular merchants to use that argument against me. :unamused: )

exact same thing happend to me on tuesday night m6 N/B with white van man
on my right approaching traffic cones,but unlike the pollock driver in the video
I slowed down so the van could get in front,but unfortunatly at the same time the van also slowed down ending up with the van knocking over some cones with at least one going under my trailer.

Juddian:
One could argue the lorry driver could have braked and let the blind chump in, but you get twerps like yarisman who can’t see more than 6 ft past the front edge of the bonnet all days and every day.
I for one am fed up of having to drive other people’s cars for them…in the respect that we’re constantly taking evasive action to protect these fools from themselves, so no i don’t blame the lorry driver in this clip from not saving said fool from the results of his inattention/incompetence/bullheadedness/■■■■■■■■■■■

Agreed Juddian.

However, we dont know what speed the ‘camera’ car was doing on GPS. If it was at recommended road speed then Pillock Transport driver was a goon for accelerating and in the wrong too.

What f’s me off is these pricks who use the outside lane approaching roadworks to just push in front instead of as a run off (admittedly of reducing length) to get in to the left. I wonder do I miss their behaviour at supermarket check outs. I dont recall being rammed to just to get in the queue. What’s the difference.

You get a warning before the cones start like err 800m so unless there are a very high proportion of totally blind drivers that DVSA dont know about we have a serious problem here.

I work on the system of 1 and 1. And get right narked at these goons. It is not about professional driving it is about selfishness. Yesterday enduring the A9 upgrade hell at Blackford I started off behind a red car and by the time the cones started was 7 behind him all because of the selfish, dumb drivers including Stevens of Wick whose tactic was to charge up the outside lane then force his way in.

Nobody wants to be stood in a queue. We all (I presume) want to get there just bloody think ahead for God’s sake and err join the queue when the traffic is still free flowing.

I perosnally don’t mind when cars try to last moment rush - 9 out of 10 they will simply be stuck behind the truck in front of me instead of behind me. Weird how they can’t conceptualize that when traffic has to funnel into fewer lanes there will be queues ahead and it doesn’t matter if you overtake the vehicle in front, you’re still not going anywhere, nevermind speed limits and cameras and engangering worker lives.

jjmorris1960:
exact same thing happend to me on tuesday night m6 N/B with white van man
on my right approaching traffic cones,but unlike the pollock driver in the video
I slowed down so the van could get in front,but unfortunatly at the same time the van also slowed down ending up with the van knocking over some cones with at least one going under my trailer.

This is the exact reason for my own logic on these situations. I believe that an overtaking vehicle has made a judgement on the manoeuvre using the space available, my speed and his speed. If I were to deviate my speed then I feel I would be in part, responsible for any negative outcome. By maintaining a constant speed until the manoeuvre is completed, then making the necessary adjustments to my driving position as required, I absolve myself of blame. (probably wouldn’t wash in court though!)

Been done to death on Facebook. The more responsible in the group said the supposed “professional driver” who considers himself of higher standard than a car driver would know from plenty of experience that this was a situation that happens often, would be looking in his mirrors to be prepared for it and back off the throttle to avoid an avoidable accident and be the better man.

The ones who shouldn’t be let anywhere near the steering wheel of a milk float saw nothing wrong with the lorry driver causing an avoidable accident.

You can tell what kind of bellend impatient truck driver was behind the wheel by the way he immediately went for an overtake of the car with the camera on as soon as the lane closure ended.

I think that while the following rules dont apply to us they are worthy of mention. The collision avoidance rules for ships at sea state the vessel overtaking has to insure that he manoeuvres safely and keeps clear of the vessel being overtaken. The vessel being overtaken must not deviate either course or speed.

alamcculloch:
I think that while the following rules dont apply to us they are worthy of mention. The collision avoidance rules for ships at sea state the vessel overtaking has to insure that he manoeuvres safely and keeps clear of the vessel being overtaken. The vessel being overtaken must not deviate either course or speed.

Have not read the Higjway Code for years, but is there not summet in there that says you should always allow an overtaking vehicle to complete the manoeuvre?
Ok I know the HC ain’t the law, but it is what the law is loosely based on you could say.

Two things I noticed in this clip.
Firstly, the car had passed the lorry before the cones started, if he’d completed the manoeuvre, this would have been a non-event. Just another case of being cut-up by an inpatient motorist who started his manoeuvre within 300yds of an obstacle. (the camera car switched views at the 300yd marker, so assuming continuity, the sign the lorry passes as the car begins the overtake is the same) and second,
Those who say the lorry driver shows his impatience by ‘immediately’ overtaking the camera car, must have missed the video edit…

LazyDriver:
Those who say the lorry driver shows his impatience by ‘immediately’ overtaking the camera car, must have missed the video edit…

My bad. Rewatching it he was still swerving from side to side like a ■■■■ from where he’d had to swerve to avoid hitting the car which he wouldn’t have had to do if he’d knocked off the cruise control so where it cut was after he’d passed the works vehicle and was swerving right.

Conor:

LazyDriver:

My bad. Rewatching it he was still swerving from side to side like a ■■■■ from where he’d had to swerve to avoid hitting the car which he wouldn’t have had to do if he’d knocked off the cruise control so where it cut was after he’d passed the works vehicle and was swerving right.

Erm… the car was past when he suddenly braked.

I wouldn’t brake for a car that was clear to pull in safely.

The sudden irrational braking caused this incident.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The lorry driver should have braked when the car was ahead of him, end of story. It’s not about right of way or proving a point.