Crunch

youtube.com/watch?v=9Abl6mMp-yI
Some great advice at 6 minutes and 4 seconds

As an ex lorry driver of many years and an ex car/lgv/pcv instructor of many years I think it is fairly obvious what went wrong.
The lorry driver did not need to encroach on the inside lane as he did.The lorry in front did not encroach into it and took the correct route.
The driver of the lorry either did not check his mirrors or if he did he did not react very well to what was happening.
If the lorry had needed to encroach into the inside lane (which he didn’t) he should have blocked the car from coming up his nearside. Seen this done when it is totally unecessary although better than squashing an innocent learner.

Lorry driver 100% in the wrong.
Very difficult to avoid that situation especially with a deaf pupil.

jakethesnake:
As an ex lorry driver of many years and an ex car/lgv/pcv instructor of many years I think it is fairly obvious what went wrong.

I think it’s pretty obvious to those of us who aren’t ex car/lgv/pcv instructors of many years as well.

undoubtedly the narrator is youtubes answer to ovaltine for insomniacs.
sounds like the most boring anorak/trainspotter since the beginning of time.
he should have intervened earlier hung back and not let the pupil sit in the middle/blindside,alternatively he should have at least driven off alongside the lorry as they only collided cos he stopped whilst hugging the white line which the truck was also hugging.
classic prick of an instructor there.especially if the pupil was mutton…
i wonder if he sprained his wrists shouting after the truckie driver?? :slight_smile:

jakethesnake:
The lorry driver did not need to encroach on the inside lane as he did.The lorry in front did not encroach into it and took the correct route.
The driver of the lorry either did not check his mirrors or if he did he did not react very well to what was happening.
If the lorry had needed to encroach into the inside lane (which he didn’t) he should have blocked the car from coming up his nearside. Seen this done when it is totally unecessary although better than squashing an innocent learner.

Strange because rule 187 says to me hold back behind the trucks at 1.01 don’t go down the inside of them. :unamused:

shullbit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Abl6mMp-yI
Some great advice at 6 minutes and 4 seconds

SPAR AGENCY EE Driver at fault of course

SJB:

jakethesnake:

I think it’s pretty obvious to those of us who aren’t ex car/lgv/pcv instructors of many years as well.

Obviously not SJB. :unamused:

dieseldog999:
i wonder if he sprained his wrists shouting after the truckie driver?? :slight_smile:

:laughing:

If it wasn’t for this fella and the likes of trucker jay and the rest of his ‘road lesbeens’ then there wouldn’t be anything on YouTube but at the same time what a condescending boring ■■■■ he is.

Carryfast:

jakethesnake:
As an ex lorry driver of many ye?ars and an ex car/lgv/pcv instructor of many years I think it is fairly obvious what went wrong.

Strange because rule 187 says to me hold back behind the trucks at 1.01 don’t go down the inside of them. :unamused:

What is strange is the first truck managed fine and did not interfere with the inside lane. A case of either a sub standard driver not looking or paying attention.
Nothing to do with Rule 187 in this case. Who the hell taught you to drive?

what is strange , is that the 1st truck moves off to stay in lane 2 whereas the spar truck assumes the normal that anyone in lane 1 is turning left and not going round the roundabout and as he enters the roundabout starts heading into lane 1 once he is on the roundabout.
the wazzok in the car should not have been allowed to sit where he was in relation to the trucks blindside,and also his road position should have been closer to the nearside allowing for any misjudgement by the spar truck which would be commonsense,moreso if the learner was intending to turn immediately left.
the spar truck deffo cut his lane slightly,but if the learner wasnt hugging his own offside,then there would have been no incident.
the instructor is obviously just another incompetent irritating prick,boring or otherwise.
mabey the society for the deaf recommend him for deaf drivers so that anyone with normal hearing dont need to listen to him.
the insurance would think spars totally to blame unless they actually look twice at it.
you the same thing driving about every day as a non event with the entire video only being surpassed for complete boredom by the sound of the narrators voice…cue the inevitable reply in…

dieseldog999:
mabey the society for the deaf recommend him for deaf drivers so that anyone with normal hearing dont need to listen to him.

It’s probably totally politically incorrect to find this comment funny but I do :laughing: :laughing:

Simple answer is stay back or be in front and out the way. Keep yourself safe and expect large vehicles to need more room regardless. It’s called self preservation. Admittedly thr “truck driver” was a pleb but I always give trucks a wide berth and am either behind or in front of them because you have no idea what the pleb in front is going to do. Then again I treat every driver on the roads as an idiot who has no idea what they are doing and expect the unexpected all of the time.

manski:

dieseldog999:

It’s probably totally politically incorrect to find this comment funny but I do :laughing: :laughing:

You should not laugh at someone just because they can’t spell. :laughing:

simcor:
Simple answer is stay back or be in front and out the way. Keep yourself safe and expect large vehicles to need more room regardless. It’s called self preservation. Admittedly thr “truck driver” was a pleb but I always give trucks a wide berth and am either behind or in front of them because you have no idea what the pleb in front is going to do. Then again I treat every driver on the roads as an idiot who has no idea what they are doing and expect the unexpected all of the time.

Yes you are correct the truck driver was a pleb. End of. If he was in the right I would be the first one to stick up for him but… As usual… Truck drivers are never in the wrong on here… :unamused: