Italian lorry crash here in the UK

Just saw this so thought i’d share it with you all.

liveleak.com/view?i=f11_1224802449

That is bloody shocking :open_mouth: Just shows you how easy it is .

Truck was indicating, and car was just sitting there… Trucker was to blame of course… :imp:

The wagon was indicating right as the car passed and was far enough forward for the driver to have seen him. I think he may have miscalculated the rate at which the car was losing speed.

It was an accident, I don’t think the truck driver is entirely to blame but niether is the car driver in lane 2.

We have HS running through road works and no doubt a 40/50 mph average speed camera enforced limit, car in lane 2 abiding by limit at same speed as truck in lane 1 abiding by same limit, car in lane 1 in front of truck doing 10 mph less so he deffo doesn’t get nabbed by cameras, truck pulls out to overtake said car and hits car in lane 2, which seems to have been in blind spot for the entire clip.

Who’s to blame? The blithering idiot in lane 1 doing 10 mph less than everyone else.

EDIT: notice the merc A class at the end of the clip, straight to lane 3 and past, such a caring nation we are.

Well I must have watched a different clip to you guys! and I did watch it 3 times to make sure that I’d not missed anything.

The truck driver is 100 % to blame.

Why…

Well it’s not the car in front in lane 1, he’s done nothing wrong, probably bang on the roadworks speed limit.
Truck and car are travelling near enough together, with car a couple of MPH faster (a lot faster than most of you guys pass each other when you’re “elephant racing”)
The truck driver hasn’t read the speed of the car in lane 1 early enough before pulling out.

It’s the usual signal and go, without looking properly. lots of larger vehicles do it, especially buses! smaller vehicles are bullied to get out of their way or be crushed.

It was a left-■■■■■■, so their was a blind spot, still the drivers fault, he shouldn’t have changed lanes without being CERTAIN there was room to do it (do have some sympathy with him, although the law won’t!).
Any car driver with half a brain would have got past the truck quickly knowing the risk.

BEEN THERE - DONE THAT - not exactly the same senario though.

The real Biffo:
Well I must have watched a different clip to you guys! and I did watch it 3 times to make sure that I’d not missed anything.

Why…

Well it’s not the car in front in lane 1, he’s done nothing wrong, probably bang on the roadworks speed limit.
Truck and car are travelling near enough together, with car a couple of MPH faster (a lot faster than most of you guys pass each other when you’re “elephant racing”)
The truck driver hasn’t read the speed of the car in lane 1 early enough before pulling out.

It’s the usual signal and go, without looking properly. lots of larger vehicles do it, especially buses! smaller vehicles are bullied to get out of their way or be crushed.

It was a left-■■■■■■, so their was a blind spot, still the drivers fault, he shouldn’t have changed lanes without being CERTAIN there was room to do it (do have some sympathy with him, although the law won’t!).

Hmmm…
If the car driver had put safety over legality (if sticking to the limit) then it would have passed the artic a lot quicker.
The car driver made the choice to stay a long time next to the artic IMO

ADD - that’s not to say that the the trucker was not at fault but that the car ‘contributed’ to the incident by it’s actions.

the truck is to blame . from the start of the clip he is to close to the car infront of him it has nothing to do with the car he hit he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time , if i was the beak he would get done ,dangerous driving. and without due care and attention

My opinion is the truck driver is 100% to blame. Putting an indicator on does not mean is is OK to carry out the manoeuvre. The car was already alongside and if you imagine yourself in that car you almost certainly would not have seen an indicator on. Yes I have driven LHD motor so do know what its like.
The car did appear to make the mistake of sitting alongside the truck, we know not a good idea, but, who tells that to car drivers ?

DAFMAD:
The car did appear to make the mistake of sitting alongside the truck, we know not a good idea, but, who tells that to car drivers ?

ME

I would say the car was in the blind spot of the truck still no exc use though poor driving skills from the truck driver if he had been checking his mirrors enough he would know the car was there.

Truck to blame.

At least we dont have blind spots like this liveleak.com/view?i=b28_1213212932

I’ve done this myself back when I was driving left hookers with HSF. Bloody terrifying! Amazing how strong modern cars are though, it landed upside down in a ditch and the driver got out without a mark on him.

cars fault 100%, the idle git should have cycled or walked to work , its idle gits like him thats causing all the conjestion and accidents that go with it :unamused:
hope the truck driver walked away o.k

The real Biffo:

Why…

well for once im inclined to agree with you :wink: but less of the lorry bashing
elephant racing :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Any car driver with half a brain would have got past the truck quickly knowing the risk.

'Splash and dash ’ explained by The real Biffo

"It’s the usual signal and go, without looking properly. lots of larger vehicles do it, especially buses! smaller vehicles are bullied to get out of their way or be crushed. "

but less of the lorry bashing

Hey up! just a minute! isn’t that the dreva that gives us wombles some pain? :astonished:
Or am I having a “Senior moment”■■ :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

like that manouver gonna try it monday

I think truck driver is 100% to blame.Had the truck driver been checking his mirrors has often as he/she should have been,they should have noticed to car gaining from behind and then noticed that it hadn’t gone past.As Dafman says,nobody educates drivers about LHD blindspots.I would never sit alongside a LHD truck but then i have lost count of the amount of side swipes i have attended.
Unfortunately 99% are Eastern European drivers.Very rare to be a Northern European driver.
Are thieeistandards really that poor ?,or is it more a case,as stated on another thread,that time is money for these drivers.

ady1:
cars fault 100%, the idle git should have cycled or walked to work , its idle gits like him thats causing all the conjestion and accidents that go with it :unamused:
hope the truck driver walked away o.k

If you really believe this then I really hope you don’t have a driving licence.

There is no way, having watched this clip over 10 times that there can be anyone to blame but the truck driver.

It doesn’t matter how long he may have been indicating to pull into lane 2, it doesn’t matter that the car in front is going slower than the truck - the fact is the truck pulled into a lane that was not clear.

I really worry about the state of this industry when there are people within it prepared to defend this kind of diving…