opinions please

Mate of mine works for a company whose lorries are restricted to 52mph,so the other day he was on the motorway pulling an extendible at 60ft with a load of steel on just about to drop downhill in lane one alongside him was another artic pulling a curtainsider so as they go downhill he lets his lorry run up to 60mph leaving the guy in lane 2 behind him,once on the level the curtainsider passes him pulls sharply in front of him and brakes my mate then pulls alongside him and winding down the window shouts across to him to ask what was that all about guy in the curtainsider says it’s his own stupid fault for racing him…my mate would like to know what other drivers views are on this…there were no children involved

No laws were broken, just the law of physics dragged the truck along to 60… I wouldn’t worry about it.

First of all, your mate was a ■■■…

then the other guy was a ■■■…

then your mate was a ■■■ again! :smiley:

He obviously knew he was being overtaken so he should have stepped on the exhaust brake to keep it in check, the other guy would have been past and away - end of problem.

Bloody obvious, I would have thought :unamused:

But perhaps it’s me… :smiley:

Opinion; he needs to grass, thats dangerous and it wouldn’t be the curtainsider driver who died

it sounds to me like your mate should pack in driving, he hasn’t got a clue.

First,You dont speed up when another starts you overtaking.The other will not know why you drive slow,and he will not expect that you speed up.
second,you dont pull in front of another and brake sharply without reason
and third. Professional drivers dont do any of them,not even asking other what they think about it.
I would say they need to see the church to confess to the lord

aldafdriver:
Mate of mine works for a company whose lorries are restricted to 52mph,so the other day he was on the motorway pulling an extendible at 60ft with a load of steel on just about to drop downhill in lane one alongside him was another artic pulling a curtainsider so as they go downhill he lets his lorry run up to 60mph leaving the guy in lane 2 behind him,once on the level the curtainsider passes him pulls sharply in front of him and brakes my mate then pulls alongside him and winding down the window shouts across to him to ask what was that all about guy in the curtainsider says it’s his own stupid fault for racing him…my mate would like to know what other drivers views are on this…there were no children involved

Both of them are ■■■■. They’re both examples of why you end up with miles of traffic crawling behind and why the public think lorry drivers are tossers on motorways and dual carriageways.

10-08:
Opinion; he needs to grass, thats dangerous and it wouldn’t be the curtainsider driver who died

This is the trouble with the economic downturn. Too many drivers have too much time on their hands. Where else would anyone find the time to grass. It gets mentioned more and more. What next, grassing fellow drivers for not wearing steel toe cap boots, hi viz etc

dew:
No laws were broken

Driving without due care and consideration for other road users. Dangerous driving for the curtainsider.

Thats always something that puzzles me and i see this nearly every night when heading south down the M6, on that bit of downhill section from j7. My wagon is limited to 54 and normally have someone sat behind me from when i join at j11. I over-run to 56 as being a good lad ( :sunglasses: ) i don’t want any overspeed infringments. Get on the downhill stretch and out they come, slowly creeping alongside until the road levels out and there we are, sat side by side acting as a ‘rolling road-block’ until i decide to ease of and let him gain that 60 foot! On the other side of the coin but heading north on the same stretch, if i get blitzed by someone who is obviously running heavier/faster than me and i find myself gaining him rapidly, again, i’ll just ease off and sit behind, cuz i know that as soon as we get past j7 on the run down to j8, he’s gonna be away! Just saves everybody ■■■■■■■■ around trying to get outand leaves lane 2 relatively clear for those that need to catch a ferry :laughing: The ones that really pish me off are those that try and pass on the hill down to Warwick svcs nb…ease off to let them in and they suddenly realise they need to pull in for their 45. Had one half way past me there one night and at the 200yd marker on come the nearside indicator to show that he wanted off and in! As i had a couple of artics up behind, i wasn’t going to slow down and he never made the services

Conor:

aldafdriver:

Both of them are ■■■■. They’re both examples of why you end up with miles of traffic crawling behind and why the public think lorry drivers are tossers on motorways and dual carriageways.

I thought that was because of this??

thelocal.se/22662/20091014/

Piston broke:
First of all, your mate was a ■■■…

then the other guy was a ■■■…

then your mate was a ■■■ again! :smiley:

He obviously knew he was being overtaken so he should have stepped on the exhaust brake to keep it in check, the other guy would have been past and away - end of problem.

Bloody obvious, I would have thought :unamused:

But perhaps it’s me… :smiley:

+1

Cleavage.jpg

Cool breeze.

“your mate” was a total ■■■■ hole for speeding up when someone was overtaking.the other guy was also a ■■■■ hole for chopping your mate up…but i see where he was coming from.
he probably did it to teach you/him a lesson for leaving him in lane 2 when in general,he was in the faster vehicle.

A different situation:

I was on dualc’way on speed limiter set to 47mph - middle of the night. Another motor was closing to me from behind then sat behind me on the straight ( almost ) road for 5 miles. When we approach a hill he started to overtake but did not noticed that my money wheel was up - so in the middle of that step hill he was alongside me with a car behind him and I was the one who was making a progress as no load was carried by me. i din not want to loose the momentum so I thought why should I slow down and loose it when he had a chance to do that before ■■?
:question:

Immigrant:
First,You dont speed up when another starts you overtaking.The other will not know why you drive slow,and he will not expect that you speed up.

I wont slow down if my truck is running away downhill and someone is overtaking, sorry but you shouldnt overtake downhill if you know yours wont keep up. Likewise going uphill too, i wont slow down because some ■■■ decides to pass then starts running out of power half way up.

Remember many of us have our fuel closely monitered.

Immigrant:
second,you dont pull in front of another and brake sharply without reason
and third. Professional drivers dont do any of them,not even asking other what they think about it.
I would say they need to see the church to confess to the lord

The other should know and expect that possibility. It’s part of being a PROFESHUNUL DRYVUR!

It beats me how 2 drivers in seperate vehicles can have a conversation travelling between 52 and 60mph and claim to know what the other is saying. This leads me to believe this is all BS

Ive said it before and I will say it again, get rid of limiters, professional drivers! should be allowed to use their brains as limiters, we all have cars that do 155mph nowadays but 99.9% of the population do 70. :unamused:

MisterStrood:
A different situation:

I was on dualc’way on speed limiter set to 47mph - middle of the night. Another motor was closing to me from behind then sat behind me on the straight ( almost ) road for 5 miles. When we approach a hill he started to overtake but did not noticed that my money wheel was up - so in the middle of that step hill he was alongside me with a car behind him and I was the one who was making a progress as no load was carried by me. i din not want to loose the momentum so I thought why should I slow down and loose it when he had a chance to do that before ■■?
:question:

WTF? Is this anything to do with a “money shot” (As said by the Dairy Crest Driver!) :unamused: :unamused: