truckfest

truckfest is looming up again .no dowt there will be a small gathering of drivers on a dayout .so will there be a trucknet stand or beer tent.or shall we gather round a maindealers stand getting all the freebies :laughing: :laughing: any suggestionsā€¦polite replys only ta

trucknet stand or beer tent

Definatly Beer tentā€¦ In line with the TruckNet UK tradition :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously thoughā€¦ TruckNet UK will not be at ANY Live Promotions events with a stand this year, although I will probably be at Peterborough as a visitor.

The prices for a stand at Peterborough have increased by a huge amount, way beyond anything we could afford ( a 100%+ rise on last year)ā€¦

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, TruckFests have long ceased to be a driver/industry meeting ā€¦ but is now a cash cow alone, I do not begrudge Live Promotions making a decent profit on their shows, but the price increases, and the costs to visitors are way beyond acceptable.

If we attend any shows with a stand this year it will be at the shows still geared and priced towards the driver

Probably Roy Gills shows, and John Toulsonsā€¦ as and when we make the decision details will be posted

oh well never mind when ya do go to a venue. let us know

We too have taken the decision NOT to attend The Live Promotions Truckfests this year, however, we may attend Edinburgh as it is the only one where we actually covered our costs over the past 2 years. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The biggest gripe we heard from visitors last year was the fact that a family of 4 would be charged Ā£32-50 entrance fee, they then had to pay extortionate prices for food and drinks etc which left very little for spending on the likes of our non drinks and non food stand. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hopefully many of the traders will make the same decision and Live Promotions will finally accept that these shows are aimed at the lowest paid members of Society and will reduce the prices accordingly, however, I very much doubt it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

2 years ago we sold soft drinks at 35p per can whilst all other traders sold them at 75p yet they never paid any more than we did for them, Last year we were stopped by Live Promotions from selling cheap drinks because we were not ā€œCaterersā€ now anybody who visited the Truckfests last year will be well aware that a number of stands were selling soft drinks even though they were not caterers, the difference being, they charged the same 75p per can of coke, which only costs 19p in Cash and Carryā€™s. :angry: :angry: :angry:

My advice to anyone intending to take the family to these events is simple, Take your packed lunch and drinks with you, itā€™s the only way you will be able to afford to enjoy the show. :wink: :wink: :wink: