What's going on at Truckfest southwest?

Just returned from a cracking weekend at Shepton Mallett, Polished the motor till me fingers bled but not a sniff of a highly commended stiffkit as I got last year. Oh well many others never got one either. Where were all the trucks? A lot of big names not present and as last year very dissapointing on the trade stand front,( couldn’t spend me cash for want of trying).
Are people losing interest ? Has it run it’s course ? Is Peterborough going the same way ?
Have to say I met some great people and had some really possitive comments about the presentation of the lorry, thank you to all who came up and had a chat. There were a lot of grumbles at the judging and a few unhappy people. My opinion is that the the vehicle should be judged as “BEST KEPT” not how much has been spent on it, we don’t all have bosses with bottomless pockets!!!
Any way I look forward to returning next year and well done to all who made it to final judging , the competition was high.

I am not a Truckfest going enthusiast but I am aware it is big business.Regularly hear complaints about this n that seems you enthusiasts should get yourselves a field/plot of land and do it your self you might even make some money out of it.Those that go and take a ‘truck’,the stars of the show,no trucks no show…why do you pay to get in■■? it’s madness.

Jonni c :arrow_right: Which truck was yours?

jonni c i agree with you, my boss was coming to the same conclusion, we did manage a first in the united trucker comp for best artic over three years, and a highly commended in the main comp with one of ours, the show seems to have lost its sparkle, looked around there wasn’t one trade stand where you could buy any decent tools, if you wanted a hand bag or a blow up mallet no problem. the missses tried to buy a 2010 truckfest t shirt only to be told “we haven’t printed any this year” !!! hang on guys you charge us £40 to display our vehicle so that people can pay you to come see our hard work!! then you can’t even be bothered to print some t shirts that just about says it all. i know its petty but it just about sums it up. dont get me wrong had a great weekend meeting old friends, and drinking a lot of beer!! we will have to wait and see if we go again next year :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

removalboy:
Jonni c :arrow_right: Which truck was yours?

Mine was the blue FH belonging to M.J. ABBOTT. Ltd, parked on the crossroads. Got there early and bagged a prime spot.

where was joe sharp, and graham frost. i went to peterborough and was a little gutted that some of the big names were not there. This is prime show season they should be out in force!

think they have priced themselves out of it tbh they ask far to much for stands ect with little return

maybe they should cut there cost & more ppl would go but :bulb:

i not been to any for 2-3 yrs due to cost ect

2 weekends ago, myself and 3 of my colleagues attended The UK Truckshow @ Santa Pod, It cost £30.00 per truck but for that you could enter into 2 categories! i.e as we did-best kept working truck and best fleet!

I, having done Peterboro, Driffield(when it was ran by LIVE!) and Shepton Mallet, noticed a massive difference in the organisation…for instance, there were trade stands but most were selling things to do with trucks…CDC were there as were Autosmart, as was a man selling branded t-shirts, jackets etc, the only non truck stand was a bandana/scarf/flag stand!

The mood was a lot happier too, its hard to explain what I mean.
Also all the trucks were parked on Tarmac, bit of a bugger for getting a tent/gazebo erected but we coped!

I guess what I’m trying to say is that LIVE! have had their day and UK Truckshow seems like the place to be, they base their weekend around the trucks that are competing!

UK Truck are now run by the 2 guy who ran Live when it was back a few yr ago

now Live is run by not what you know but who you know :unamused:

Anybody doing/going to the Peak Truck Show at Uttoxeter race course next sat/sun.

dowahdiddyman:
Anybody doing/going to the Peak Truck Show at Uttoxeter race course next sat/sun.

Will check on Saturday if its still on then I might.