Truckfest... the report

can be read in full JUST CLICK HERE

Excellent report :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Makes me wish I’d been able to go even more.

it is as Andyroo says an exelent report and interesting as well

There are some comments within the article relating to the management of the show, in particular the housekeeping around the site, we have e-mailed Live Promotions regarding these comments and hope to recieve a response, if we do we will of course let you all know!

IT sounds as if every one had a good time ,apart from the items which
were mentioned,why is it that the organisers do not take the time or trouble to relook at what has gone wrong before in previous TRUCKFESTIVALS and do there utmost to prevent such occurences
happening again, Lets hope that they do learn something this time and not forget that it is the DAY to DAY lorry driver who makes these festivals what they are, not just haveing some stars and a few lorrys that have never done work at all,The MR Smith & Mr,s Bloggs who
come to the festival with there working lorry and take the time and effort
to clean & polish there TRUCKS this is what counts,

An excellent report. Well worth a read as it will give a good insight to those that have never been to a Truckfest.
Must second the complaints of rubbish and toilets, and to me (one of the older ones) a few more area’s are needed where you can have a sit down while holding the cans :wink: wet ground does not go down with the backside to well. :laughing:
I go most years, but this year met new “Friends” and hopefully next year this will grow into a bigger family of internet truckers.
Now go and read the report, I’m starting to waffle :laughing: :laughing:

an excellent report.
i did not go this year, i live just 2 miles away and i simly was not prepared to pay the absurd entrance fee. and the photos showing the litter etc, and the lack of facilities goes to show that live promotions are just in this to make a quick buck.
to be honest i think the truckfest at peterborough should be moved. the showground is steadily getting smaller due to house building. and the only good thing is that there is an arena., but thats about it, and from the weather we have had at the show in recent years proves that a venue with lots of hard standing is needed.
there are plenty of old airfields in this country, the taxiways and runways provide plenty of hard standing.
maybe a breakaway truckfest is needed :question:

how i see it with the present truckfest is this,
the promotion company hire the venue,complete with the stewards and toilet facilities etc, advertise the event and get a few personalities in. and arrange police and first aid cover ( thats if the owners of the venue dont do this already)
are the owners of the venue live promotions■■?
they recoup the money by charging the public an entance fee, charging the truck owners an admission fee (the trucks should be free as without them it would not be a truck fest). then they charge the food retailers,stall holders,amusement rides etc etc a high admission fee.
basically they charge everyone a fee for being there.
and make a very big profit at the end of it.

Excellent report lucy and some superb photos.

Bully

Excellent report, Lucy, and it was a pleasure to meet both yourself and Rikki at last. I know I dont post on here a lot, but I still support TruckNet along with Onlinetruckers, JfD, and Truckersworld. To all the members who may not already know this, last week-end strengthened an already growing bond between all 4 sites who have a united aim - to get better conditions for all involved in our industry. Im sure that we will all grow bigger and stronger together, and then the people in power will HAVE to listen to us. I`m no longer invilved in the admin side of things, (which I did on another site) but remain committed to the cause
Regards
Trev

Excellent write up and photos. Seems like I missed a good weekend bar the rubbish. :smiley: :smiley:(had to work in the end :cry: :cry: ) Hopefully make the next one.

I didn’t go purely for the fact there was some race car building to attend to,and in certain respects,I’m pleased I didn’t.

The people who allowed the rubbish to pile up,thereby causing a possible health hazard,should be ashamed of themselves,and as for the toilets,it was simply depriving people of a basic human right,to be able to,‘ahem’ do the business,and all,seemingly,for to keep costs down,which is TOTALLY out of order,when you consider what they were charging on the gate. :angry: :open_mouth:

What is visible in the pictures,is something you would expect to see in a 3rd world country,not in one of the most prosperous in the world.

Can someone tell me if it’s the same people who organise Driffield,because if it is,I will either boycott it,or contact them beforehand,and ask them if they will allow the same fiasco there.

If I do decide to go,I’ll look forward to my first face to face meet with fellow TN members.

Ken.

Great report Lucy. I was hoping to go this year but work put an end to that idea and I was disappointed until I noticed in one of the pictures a flyer advertising the ‘Truckfest Curry Night.’ Given the reports on the state of the toilet facilities adding a curry night onto that is just a recipe for disaster surely? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Glad I didn’t go after all. :wink: :smiley:

An excellent report Lucy, thank you. I had intended being there and had even bought tickets, however lady luck and the wider family commitments conspired against me and we ended up double booked, unfortunately mum in law’s brithday won :frowning:

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone, never mind maybe at another during the year.

P.S. Nice shirt Ian :wink:

ditto all the above, superb article.

thanks for the exelent report lucy, and pics

i was there and did remember most of this year

it was nice to meet up with old freinds and new ones :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Agree with all the comments above, excellent article. :slight_smile:

Nice article and photos Lucy.

I did think about going, but the large lump to be extracted from my wallet said no…

Having been to events at the National Agricultural Centre in Stoneleigh, the bins there would not have been allowed to get to the state shown in the photos. Obviously somebody has been profiting on the rubbish collection and toilet cleaning contracts…

Perhaps we could meet up at the Peak Truck show at Uttoxeter later this year (August 13/14). This seems a far more friendly event.

Calv

:smiley: Ta Lucy. Cheers for the report and pics! Nice to put names to faces too. And to see bump!

Saw a truck Friday that had obviously been at a show, Judging by the high level of shine! I waited for it to come past me again. Hoping to speak to the driver… But it subsequently disappeared. All that polish must have made it invisable.

Just as well really. I’d have just got overexcited and said something like,“Haven’t you got really, really shiny wheels?!” :unamused:

Great report, thanks.

I may have to take Linux Jnr one year :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

An excellent article Lucy well done.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: