truckfest 2008

Was a good day out .Did’nt get to meet anyone from here but did manage to catch a coouple of free cd wallets at the truck and driver stand.

we just got back we arrived there on saturday about 8.00 and the whole weekend was brilliant we had a fantastic time and the weather was spot on some brilliant trucks was there we are looking forward to next year already.

The missus and I had a great day, it was nice to meet and put faces to the names of some people on here, Rog, Diesel Dave, Rikki (thanks for the beer :smiley: ), and Lucy.

Here are some pictures for those that didnt attend.

very good pictures there.

A good day was had by all my lot,Traffic was ■■■■ on the way in.It took about1hr 30 mins from peterborough services,yet Id done the other 157miles in about 2 and a half hours :unamused:
I managed to get some free tickets courtesy of a very friendly professional organisation. :wink: I met my friend Dieseldave,Rikki,Lucy,saw ROG,met Mothertrucker and her husband and had a couple of beers with Mr.C and his missus and in doing so lost track of time and missed saying goodbye everybody,cause at 18:10 everybody had ■■■■■■ off home from the Trucknet tent. :open_mouth:
So sorry to all for that,i was a bit gutted. :cry:
Ive got loads of pics,but theres loads already on here to look at,so i wont bore you with any more even if mine are better. :wink:
was totally tired out by the end of it,havent walked that far in years,the furthest I walk nowadays is to my truck from the car on Mondays and from the truck to the car on Fridays. :laughing:
Thanks To Rikki and Lucy for the Tea,Sweets for the kids and the Dorito’s :wink: I could have talked more,but had to keep the missus and kids entertained.
Maybe I’ll go to the Christmas party if invited,unless the world ends through lack of work and transport no longer exists as we know it.
I could be working for Polska speedy-see-ya by then.

Oh by the way,anyone thinking of going to a Truckfest take out a ■■■■■■■ 2nd mortgage,cause everythings a Rip-off.
Talk about truckers paying too much for parking and food,I would have gladly taken the family out for a slap up Roadchef /Welcome Break/Moto meal with all the trimmings compared to the price of food/drink at Truckfest.
If you’re going,take your own food and drink. :wink:

bikemonkey:
If you’re going,take your own food and drink. :wink:

We did.

We brought 2 coolboxes of grub,as we guessed everything would be overpriced.

Ken.

I had a right result!!

Dozy woman on the booze stand made a ■■■■ up - a double gin and tonic, a double vodka and tonic and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice cost me…£7.50

I did say ‘are you sure that’s right, love?’ But as she looked a bit annoyed I’d questioned her maths, I grabbed the drinks and ran away!! :smiley:

i was there with mr vain and friends we all had a great weekend sorry didnot get time to come and meet people on stand but meet lots of faces that i dont get so see very often but can i please just add RIP to scooby a driver known to a lot who work out of felixstowe who sadley died at truckfest on sunday morning a real driver with be missed

eastcoasttrucker:
i was there with mr vain and friends we all had a great weekend sorry didnot get time to come and meet people on stand but meet lots of faces that i dont get so see very often but can i please just add RIP to scooby a driver known to a lot who work out of felixstowe who sadley died at truckfest on sunday morning a real driver with be missed

we had heard about this condolances to the family and all concerned.

bikemonkey:
Oh by the way,anyone thinking of going to a Truckfest take out a [zb] 2nd mortgage,cause everythings a Rip-off.

You aint kidding. It was a severe shock to a Scottish type person, such as myself, having to dig so deep into the wallet. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Quinny:
We did.
We brought 2 coolboxes of grub,as we guessed everything would be overpriced.

We brought some snacks and drinks for the kids from home,but theres overpriced and theres overpriced.2 jacket potatoes a sausage bap and 1 small chips £15.
2 kids T shirts for a 2 and 4 yr old 1 of em a poloshirt with Truckfest on em both £17.98. :open_mouth:
I think im getting old or something!!!

We’re all mainly genuine working class people,the crowd was good there,politeness when taking photos etc,no pushing and shoving etc.

on Truckfest FM which i was listening too when we were queueing to come in were saying its FREE PARKING. :open_mouth: I should ■■■■■■■ hope so!!

Seemed to me it was an excuse for caterers and the TRUCKER stalls alike to rip everyone off and make maximum profit.

Im not trying to deter the thread away from what was a good day out,but I just had to say it!!

Coffeeholic:

bikemonkey:
Oh by the way,anyone thinking of going to a Truckfest take out a [zb] 2nd mortgage,cause everythings a Rip-off.

You aint kidding. It was a severe shock to a Scottish type person, such as myself, having to dig so deep into the wallet. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Im sure you whacked up the price of that book your selling to make the money up Neil. :wink: :laughing:

can some of you please learn how to RESIZE and post pictures. :unamused:
its starting to annoy me a tad now.

Found some more pics from Truckfest

bikemonkey:

Coffeeholic:

bikemonkey:

Im sure you whacked up the price of that book your selling to make the money up Neil. :wink: :laughing:

Price is nothing to do with me, I get the same from each sale regardless of how much it sells for. :wink:

I loved the pic of the old Transconti
Reminded me of when I 1st started on the tippers, and seeing Thomas brothers at Witton :laughing:

You aint kidding. It was a severe shock to a Scottish type person, such as myself, having to dig so deep into the wallet.

You where THERE NIel?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
We where all looking for you but you where conspicuious by your absense - or you managed to hide :exclamation:

Never been to a truck show, will do when i get chance and dont after to work on bank holidays.

some great pictures there, does anyone recall seeing shipley transport at the show?

Which truck wins the overall show ? or are they in categories?

cheers

steve

killer100:
some great pictures there, does anyone recall seeing shipley transport at the show?

I didn’t get no pics of them but yes Shipleys had a good showing.