TruckFest 2010 - thanks

To all those that attended, to the members of the team (and their partners) who gave up so much time to keep the hospitality area running smoothly. to the RBI team who gave into our every ask with good grace. It was a cracking weekend, from the unforgetable conversation about the editor of Truck & Driver magazines personalised number plate,- all those that tried to bribe me to let on all the defects on the Actross-(none of you paid enough) - even through the rain and the hailstones the laughs and jokes kept coming.

I cannot name everyones who came and took part, because 1) my memory isnt that good, and 2) to leave anyone out would be unfair as everyone added to the weekend.

But I will single out a particular group that for me made the whole weekend, Captain Giles Sugden and the men of the Queens Own Ghurka Logistics Regiment who were guests on our stand. Just back from an operational tour in Afghanistan, they not only provided truly awesome curries, but involved themsleves and enjoyed every aspect of what we were doing. from the immaculate piper, to taking time to simply sit and talk and explain what they have been doing and why, they were the biggest draw to the stand and rightly so. Both TruckNet UK and Truck & Driver feel honoured they chose us to share the stand with.

I would also say it is with mixed emotions, that I have to report a crime, there was a theft overnight from the Truck & Driver/TruckNet UK stand… some sick individual decided they had to steal a flag that was flying from the flagposts- why is it mixed emotions? cos they didnt steal a Truck & Driver flag but one of ours :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Rog give the flag back.

Rikki,

was you guys next door to Truck and driver?

mickyblue:
Rikki,

was you guys next door to Truck and driver?

Truck and Driver is trucknet, it was the tent bit attatched to the van thing for t&d

i did get accused of having the flag but i can honestly say it wasnt me, although i did get caught out for a different trick i did. i had a brilliant time but the weather wasnt up to much. some stupid fanny in a dutch scanny woke me up on monday morning blowing his air horns :imp: although it was 9am. my best laugh was on sunday was when swraith was polishing his roof and i blew his airhorns :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and then rocked the cab while he was up his ladder… this lead to a rather lot of zb’s :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

sunday night was a good night and predictabley showaddywaddy were indeed extremely crap. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it was really good to finally meet f10 globetrotter and his brother richard, both really nice top people. cruise control was stuck to my wifes side for sunday and again another really nice fella, and he didnt bring his tin hat with him.

gogzy:
Rog give the flag back.

NO - I need it to keep warm :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
i did get accused of having the flag but i can honestly say it wasnt me, although i did get caught out for a different trick i did. i had a brilliant time but the weather wasnt up to much. some stupid fanny in a dutch scanny woke me up on monday morning blowing his air horns :imp: although it was 9am. my best laugh was on sunday was when swraith was polishing his roof and i blew his airhorns :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and then rocked the cab while he was up his ladder… this lead to a rather lot of zb’s :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

sunday night was a good night and predictabley showaddywaddy were indeed extremely crap. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it was really good to finally meet f10 globetrotter and his brother richard, both really nice top people. cruise control was stuck to my wifes side for sunday and again another really nice fella, and he didnt bring his tin hat with him.

have you forgot about saturday night?
LMFAO

No no I havent forgot about that. We dont mention that on here otherwise someone will grass us up. :wink: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
No no I havent forgot about that. We dont mention that on here otherwise someone will grass us up. :wink: :laughing:

well keep your bloody clothes on and your naked ramblings wont be discussed on here lol

i am so thick lol

mickyblue:
i am so thick lol

when jd is drunk he likes to take his clothes off haha

jessicas dad:
. cruise control was stuck to my wifes side for sunday and again another really nice fella, and he didnt bring his tin hat with him.

(entire post edited)

only because you kept wondering off JD, we talked politics mainly, besides someone had to keep her company when you wandered off, :laughing: :laughing: .

i think mr lug84 was also keeping your wife company when i wasnt :exclamation: :wink:

joking aside was nice to finally put faces to usernames - had a very good day :exclamation:

gogzy:

mickyblue:
i am so thick lol

when jd is drunk he likes to take his clothes off haha

now thats a bad sight lol

Does anyone know if that guy from the royal artillery who had an off on Sunday all right? It was a brilliant day out, thank you to all of you guys who made it that way.