My day at Truckfest

Went down on the Sunday,took our lass(didn’t have to drag her! :smiley: ) great weather,we got there for 9:10 and went to the queue for paying on the day which took an hour to get through as there was only 2 people working the tills :unamused: not being funny but i would have thought the organisers would have planned for plenty of folk going as there useually is and with the weather being nice but i guess they didn’t :confused: had a sit in the new Volvo for the 1st time and i must say im very impresed with what i saw,plenty of room and storage space in the Globetrotter a great driving position and a bed to rival if not better the Daf(the one in the Volvo can even be raised up at an angle) There were some great trucks on show as always with Scania being the highest percentage of trucks there. I bought the Destination Doha dvd and the book about Astrans as im fascinated about the boys that did the Middle East run. The shows were good and thr food stands did deacent grub which was imporatnt for a fat ■■■■ like me! :grimacing: What pleased me the most was the amount of normal Joe Public who were genuinely impressed/fascinated/intrested in the trucks on show and the kids who were there loved it. We do get a bad press in this game and the publics persception of us aint always the best but I feel shows like this we get to show people what the haulage industry is all about and it’s not all greasy,un educated truckers but people who provide a vital part of our economy who take pride in what they do :slight_smile:

Glad you enjoyed it Steve. But it’s not for me though.

not seen the dvd but read the book cola cowboys years ago

was a good read

It was my first visit to the Fest and I have to say I was impressed. I made new contacts and gleaned much information from fellow long distance van drivers, but I was disappointed I didn’t find this websites stand.
I was hoping for more in-put from such organisations like the RTA, VOSA etc. I only found one insurance company too.
Maybe next year.

VOSA had a stand there but no paraphernalia available to help truckers or newbies which was daft IMO.

did u see any tangs there■■?

If you go around the manufacturers stands and make out you’re vaguely interested in putting a truck or 2 on the road, do you still get away with not having to buy any food?