Truckfest, my day

I stayed over at Truckfest i had a really great time. Met lots of faces and stuff, i missed Diesel Dave and Rog though, you’d all shut up and gone by the time i got there. Did someone say i was coming over?
Anyway i met Auntie Pats gang…

Called into the TNUK stand, where they where actually throwing stuff from a trailer at kids !!!

I almost got hit in the mouth with a tacho disc wallet, mind you there was room for it.
Then i went and seen Uncle Baz, ‘its good to talk’. They where all fighting, over a rope !!

Me and Baz got on like a house on fire as we had lots in common besides a baldy head and big ears.
Then i spotted our Terrys stand…La La, Dipsy and Po…!

Loads of stuff to do even if you wern’t a truck geek. But i am a bit, so i was checking out some models and came across this that caught my eye…

I spoke to the guy who made it. The really cool thing about it was that it is a replica of a Trinity truck he drove himself out of Felixstowe.

What i found even more interesting was the fact that although it was assembled from a ‘kit’ as such, he had modified it from a sleeper cab to a day cab and shortened the original 40" container to a 20" one. Attention to detail was awesome.
I didn’t have to heart to ask what model truck it was so if anyone wants to tell me then feel free :blush:
Night time was great too. Illegal Eagles , an Eagles tribute band was on, really good…

And then when all the lightweights (there wasn’t to many of them about that day !) went to bed, there was a Heavyweight boxing match on, sponsered by Clive Cowern i think. Any way, the winner of the Clive Cowern Truckfest 2008 belt was Big Roy from Halifax (in red)…

Roll on next year !!! Sorry to hear about Scooby passing away, as others have said i don’t think a lot of us there heard about it. RIP, one of the guys making a great day for us all.

Mike-C:
i missed Diesel Dave and Rog though,

I did receive regular reports of your progress from a reliable source, who told me that you were hanging the job out on the M6… :wink:

Mike-C:

I didn’t have to heart to ask what model truck it was so if anyone wants to tell me then feel free :blush:

From the front grille, and realising that you’re probably having a laugh :wink: ,
I’d say it’s a Scania 110 or 140, which were slightly before my time, but I do remember them.:grimacing:

Here’s a pic of a Scania 111, which had a very similar cab.
This is me on my way home from Italy to Liverpool fruit market with a load of peaches:

did you go the recommended route mike, or did you do your own in the end.

biggusdickusgb:
did you go the recommended route mike, or did you do your own in the end.

No, i done exactly what you said. I almost missd the church though as you don’t see it until you’re almost on it and then have to get across all the lanes. Less than three hours your way !! :smiley:

ohterry:
yooo one funny guy mr mike.

I thought you’d like it :smiley:

like that one about cowerns mike c if they had been there this year they could have parked near down near gate 10 they would have had a ball down there