Crowfield truck rally 08

Well thats a few to be going on with, i’ll try to do more later.

Good photos and looks a good show. Hope you had a good time?

Nice pics Rob !!!

Heres a few of my pics, it was a great day, nice to meet Mr Vain, and also to see a few mates from my tilt days from Felixstowe,
i got absolutley soaked, but seeing the trucks and
knowing how much effort goes into preparing them
made it worth while. Well done to Simon and Danielle for orginising a great event.

great pics both fab weekend except for rain thanks carl of picuture of my truck on here cannot let rob have all the fame (only joking rob) good to see everyone heres to no4 next year

great pics lads looks like a good turn out
did that mike newman fh used to belong to paul goode

No mate, its ex Bill Watling. One of my favourite trucks at the show that was.

ah right cheers mate,i saw one just like it same colour chassis and cab with pauls name on the headboard a few months ago.when i worked for wlc my brother inlaw drove pauls version 2 fh wlc bought off neil garrold who bought it back when wlc replaced it with a newer scania.

good pictures gents, gutted to miss it, im guessing fluff managed not to get stuck this year then?!!! :laughing:

Good pictures Kindle, i espeacially like the ones with the red scania in them, stood next to BPH volvo. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pictures look fantastic. All drivers did a stirling job. Standard was excellent considering the weather.
As one of organisers I am so grateful to the drivers and haulage companies for the turnout.
All have to pray for fine weather next year. I personally am fed up with getting wet! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Mr Vain lived up to his name on the tuesday after (27th). As I passed Markham Moor who should be in there washing his wheels down, was the big red Scania. Had to stop all call him a tart.

just for my mate VERNON who rang me up and told me off for not putting his truck on here, here ya go V, yer blower is on 'tinternet!!

Great pictures guys, looks like it was a good day despite the weather. Couple of questions about the motors - I’ve seen those CJ Harbidge wag & drags around a lot, are they based near Stowmarket? Also, what’s the story behind the scripts that Brian Palmer puts on the front of his motors? Looks like some Latin mottos or something?? and finally, who runs the Griffin AY08AZW? Very nice motor.

Sona si Latine loqueris.
(Honk if you speak Latin :wink: )

chorcheela:
Great pictures guys, looks like it was a good day despite the weather. Couple of questions about the motors - I’ve seen those CJ Harbidge wag & drags around a lot, are they based near Stowmarket? Also, what’s the story behind the scripts that Brian Palmer puts on the front of his motors? Looks like some Latin mottos or something?? and finally, who runs the Griffin AY08AZW? Very nice motor.

Harbridge come from near Stomarket, think theyre at Haughley.
The scripts on Brian Palmers motors are written in Swedish, i just presume its cos the trucks are Swedish,
The Griffin is run by Barry Clarke where i used to work, (the ones with the blue and yellow stripes up the side) it has replaced the 164 580 (the Griffin is a 620)
The 580 has gone to an owner drive from Woolpit, it now lives in Loadwells yard and is still pulling IRF trailers as it was before.

Kindle,

Cheers, mate. Do you know the ‘K’ Line and ‘F’ Line story with Harbidge’s?

That 620 is an ambitious move with the Diesel prices going the way they are now. Even when I was in France last week, diesel was 1.57 euros a litre, it’s not just us who are suffering!! :open_mouth:

YOU GRASS VALHALLA! :laughing: :laughing:

Kindle you are correct about the Swedish writing on Brian Palmer’s motors.
When the trucks were white with blue writing (if you can remember them) all the trucks were called ‘Swedish something’. I drove ‘Swedish Fantasy’ and ‘Swedish Princess’ when Paul Goode became an owner driver.
When Brian changed to blue we were asked to name the trucks ourselves.
If you know anything about the Vikings you’ll know what Valhalla is.
B P then wanted to be different so all the trucks were named by the driver then translated into Swedish.

VALHALLA:
Kindle you are correct about the Swedish writing on Brian Palmer’s motors.
When the trucks were white with blue writing (if you can remember them) all the trucks were called ‘Swedish something’. I drove ‘Swedish Fantasy’ and ‘Swedish Princess’ when Paul Goode became an owner driver.
When Brian changed to blue we were asked to name the trucks ourselves.
If you know anything about the Vikings you’ll know what Valhalla is.
B P then wanted to be different so all the trucks were named by the driver then translated into Swedish.

That’s interesting, I never knew the origin of the names! So what is the English translation of

“Del Fomaga Bastad”■■?

PS, Valhalla, any further pics of Brian Palmer’s motors very welcome!!!

(PO54) Det Fromaga Bostad is ‘The Power House’.
(AY05) Den Basta, helt enkelt is ‘This truck is simply teh best’
(Y344) Angel pa morgonen is ’ Angel of the morning’
(KU56) the one with the 8 spot means ‘The one and only’
My truck AY53 is Valhalla which roughly translates as Viking heaven
I’ll go through my pc and try and put some pics on here for ya