Truckers Handbook

Anyone have one of these■■? if yes do you rate them??

Haynes manual truckers handbook spotted it the other night at Leigh Delamare services looked on amazon and found it to be on offer with the AA truckers road map for just over £20

Truckers Handbook Link

Yes I’ve got one, they have been discussed before on here too.

Its a very good book if you ask me, lots of little things that are useful, and a great reference to have in your bag. Just for those “I wonder what that is” moments.

Got a good section on truckstops and MSA’s as well, tells you how much a cup of tea costs, price of the average sandwich and what facilities they have.

If you can get it cheap then go for it, I paid £12.99 for it and think it was great value.

Alex

just looked deeper and amazon offer it for 19 quid with the close up AA truckers map. pay day tommorrow might have to flex the card

That’s a good deal, I got mine from Smiths, where it was £12.99 and they sell the AA Close Up Truckers Atlas for £20 on its own.

Great find , been meaning to buy the AA truckers map for a while mine is badly out of date , so ordered both , even ordered both for mate ! thats a few pints he will be buying ! :laughing:

Although aimed at the newby I bought one a couple of years ago and found it a great help to get back into driving, especially for explaining all the fancy new stuff like air suspension and a reminder of how to use the different types of tachos. Has some good pictures and explanations of common gearboxes etc.
I don’t know if it’s been updated for digitachs etc. but even if it hasn’t it can save asking a lot of daft questions.

e bay…type in truckers handbook.

Make sure its the 2007 edition you get if its off eBay, as this has the latest regs and Digi stuff.

Alex

had a look when i found it and yes it does include digi tachs

just ordered mine - close up truckers atlas and the truckers handbook for £19-73 with free delivery - thats an excellent price
:wink:

The Truckers Handbook is being updated as we speak.
Not sure when the new issue will be out but I know its due within the next few months.

Looks like a good book. The girl who wrote it also done pole dancing or summat and was a dog groomer too. I think she’s about 35, i can’t wait for the other books to come out…