Truckers atlas?

:question: i have a tomtom but was thinking after reading about this particular atlas, the AA close up truckers atlas. it is 1.5 miles to 1" and looks very good, any comments on this book its rrp is £20 but cheaper on the web in places, would it be a worthwhile handy investment? it apparently has truckstop details low bridge locations etc.

Its a good book with 4,700 bridge heights and also with 1,700 narrow and weak bridges oh and truckstops and cafe’s too

The downside… Its bloody massive and it weighs a tonne due to it being kinda hardback its not a good addition to a day bag (better off with the older AA bridge atlas if your a day driver)if however your tramping or always in the same vehicle and you can leave it in the truck then it’d be fine…

I don’t go far at the moment so mine has an appointment with a phtocopier booked for the pages I will be using.

Id far rather rely on my trusty bridge height map than a sat nav!

I don’t go anywhere without mine…you only need to encounter a road closure & find yourself on an unfamiliar diversionary route & it could all go horribly wrong! :open_mouth:

T.x

i bought one. its far superior to any other truckers atlas. the bridge heights are on all roads, not just main ones and it has narrow/weight limited bridges too. it is a worthwhile investment. i dont carry mines to every job but its in the car if i need it

I need to replace mine so might just have to invest in 1

Have seen them but was unsure so thanks for the info

there are other useful bits of info such as speed cameras, truck stops, petrol stations etc etc etc. it is aimed at truckers in a big way. plenty of info without the clutter of things like art galleries. some of the major roads are even named, the scale is excellant. i found my way to a DHL depot using the atlas rather than A - Z :open_mouth:

When you find one thats cheap as chips but still top quility with low bridges, truck stops and weight limits PLEASE let me know. My dog’s just chewed my atlas. :angry:

thanx i have invested in one, and i agree i have a tomtom but this lets you see what routes that you couldnt take well in advance. it is big but worth it i think. thanks everyone :smiley:

:question: What one was that donpablo
:question: Like I said my dogs killed all my routes and good stuff like that

amazon.co.uk/Close-up-Trucke … 410&sr=1-1

Try this link.

seems i was a bit slow on the uptake :blush:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23977

im Scottish too and i paid FULL price :blush: :blush: :blush: :cry:

scanny77:
seems i was a bit slow on the uptake :blush:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23977

im Scottish too and i paid FULL price :blush: :blush: :blush: :cry:

Tut Tut, Full price!!! :open_mouth:

ok thats twice its been said. i think the air is blue enough. lets cut the swearing please :wink: :laughing:

tut tut, next you will be saying the e word (exercise) :laughing:

Is a hardback version of the Atlas available?

i reckon it is hardback. the old ones bend, this one doesnt really. the covers are a kind of cardboard material as apposed to the thick paper stuff that the cheaper alternatives are made of. if we ever end up working on the same job you can see for yourself. i keep it in the car :confused:

i got this map from tesco.com last week it was just over 13 quid and i only been driving 2 yrs so far on class1 , i find it a very useful map ,i got satnav and also use philips street atlases. only cos i dont trust the bloody electrical thing lol. its got over 250 truckstops and cafes with how much it is a nite ,however changes prob been made since in was published in march. plus narrow ways and 4500 low bridges ,
yes it is a big map and heavy too , but a brill buy from tesco tho .

scanny77:
i reckon it is hardback. the old ones bend, this one doesnt really. the covers are a kind of cardboard material as apposed to the thick paper stuff that the cheaper alternatives are made of. if we ever end up working on the same job you can see for yourself. i keep it in the car :confused:

Bought one off Amazon.
It’s about the size and weight of a paving slab. :open_mouth: :laughing:

my copy is still paying for itself in terms of convenience. i couldnt suss out the hand drawn map i was given the other day. i had my A-Z of the county but which page? the industrial estate was not listed in the back but looking at the atlas (larger page, better scale), i spotted it. some industrial estates are included along with road names of major routes.
£20 well spent :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

You can never beat a good map ive got a bag of em been collecting for 13 years & breaks my bloody shoulder every day when i stoll in to work. Never know where im gonna go.
Ive got sat nav aswell but just cant relyy on it as its for cars really.