newbie atlas

Hi all, got my first taste of class c with wallace school of transport 7.30 in the morning and my theory test on the 23rd, have thoroughly enjoyed the comments & banter on this site & love looking through the diarys that people have posted,can anyone recommend a good atlas with bridge restrictions etc,your comments would be appreciated!!

It’s a weighty old number but you want the AA truckers close up atlas from Amazon for £12

Don’t buy the standard one as it’s much less detailed. This one has got (some) width and weight restrictions marked truckstop and other useful stuff. It’s also a better scale.

Well worth the cash.

8wheels:
It’s a weighty old number but you want the AA truckers close up atlas from Amazon for £12

Don’t buy the standard one as it’s much less detailed. This one has got (some) width and weight restrictions marked truckstop and other useful stuff. It’s also a better scale.

Well worth the cash.

I think THIS is the link 8wheels was directing you to :wink:

I really should check those links work before posting.

Thanks Rog.

Was in The Works bookshop the other day and they had a 2008 truckers atlas reduced to £4.99. I am not sure what make it was though.

Dubiousjake:
Was in The Works bookshop the other day and they had a 2008 truckers atlas reduced to £4.99. I am not sure what make it was though.

It’s difficult to say whether one is better than another, but I had the standard AA job £8.99 on Amazon and it’s utter crap by comparison, hardly any detail at all. There was a big discussion about the close up version on here when it was published and most people thought it well worth the money if on the big size.

I seem to recall there was a batch with some pages missing though so check the page numbers.

many thanx for your help gents,much appreciated.

DT@Leightonhaul:
many thanx for your help gents,much appreciated.

How did the driving lesson go though?

dear mr wheelnut,thanx for your interest but it dint go at all i shall explain!!!
lost me phone on friday nite in the car somewhere,so had no alarm to use,ask me wifee to set hers 4 6.30 but she had been clubbing so duno what happened but the upshot was that she woke me at seven,aaarggghhh i then have to try & get to wembely stadium from hemel in 20 mins which just aint gona happen so i call the instructor & we agree to reschedule for this saturday! not a good start & i was sooo lookin forward to it.