MAPS??

Hi all,

When i used to drive a 7.5 tonner delivering furniture i was told by the company to get some up to date maps, so off i goes to the local Tesco and gets the latest A-Z town maps for local delivery’s and the A-Z super scale road atlas of britain for the farther field delivery’s(cost a fortune but they were paying) :laughing: :laughing: . Anyhow now i’m takin my class 2 and then 1 i was wonderin if you could recommend a good british road atlas…i had to leave the others behind :unamused: :exclamation: .

SCANTHEMAN

Highly recomend the AA Truckers Atlas, very clear layout and lists all bridges with heights.

John

I would agree with John.

It’s a tad pricey though,but a must.

Ken.

and the Phillips Navigator ( either national or regional versions)

You can buy the AA Trucker’s Atlas of Britain online and get a 20% discount off the shop price - £11.19 instead of £13.99.

Click onto 213.253.134.7/aapub/home.asp
then Maps and Atlases -the UK,
The very last entry on the list, (page 5) is the one you want,Renault Magnum on the cover. :wink:

Denis F:

Having bought this myself in the past I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have extremely poor eye-sight and need to know where every farm is in the country.

The Trucker’s Atlas of GB is the one you want because it’s got all the bridge heights on it (A & B roads) and for regional maps, get the Ordnance Survey county maps in dark blue. Don’t get the Philips county maps in black and yellow because they don’t cover as much of the area as the Ordnance Survey one’s do and they’re about £3 more expensive :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

Believe it or not… that Truckers Atlas that is £13.99 is €35 over the water!!! Thats £25

i always buy the collins atlas as it has some good exploded views and quite a few city centre maps in the back

Rob, Dont knock the phillips navigator. It is an essential tool in my job. I wouldnt be without it. It depends on what type of work you are doing as to what type of map suits best. I personally have never had a need for a map with bridge heights on but at only 12’9" I am lower than most and as for weight limits. Pah who takes any notice of those :laughing:

You will need a map to leave Anglesey :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just out of interest, can you fit the full name of ‘Lanfar PG’ on a tacho start place :question: :question: :question:

Pat Hasler:
You will need a map to leave Anglesey :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just out of interest, can you fit the full name of ‘Lanfar PG’ on a tacho start place :question: :question: :question:

Why do you need a map to leave Anglesey, Pat :question: There’s only two ways round the place. Clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Rob K:

Denis F:

Having bought this myself in the past I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have extremely poor eye-sight and need to know where every farm is in the country.

I do need to know where the farms are - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
( theres a clue at the bottom of this message) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Trucker’s Atlas of GB is the one you want because it’s got all the bridge heights on it (A & B roads) :slight_smile:

got one of those as well :slight_smile: normally running at 13’9 " - but 16ft with straw yesterday - anyone know a good way through Salisbury ■■

Correct me if I’m wrong but did I not say :

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Pat, surely you mean Llanfair PG? That does fit on the tacho, but then “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch” might be stretching it a bit.

Cheers for all of your’e suggestions. I have ordered the AA truckers atlas for £9.77 (amazon .co.uk) good price i thought :smiley: :smiley: .

SCANTHEMAN.

scantheman:
Cheers for all of your’e suggestions. I have ordered the AA truckers atlas for £9.77 (amazon .co.uk) good price i thought :smiley: :smiley: .

This might sound a silly question but what size is this map IE is it A4 or one of them stupid big things that you cant see out the windscreen when your driving :open_mouth: :wink:

simon

SimonRS2K:
[
This might sound a silly question but what size is this map IE is it A4 or one of them stupid big things that you cant see out the windscreen when your driving :open_mouth: :wink:

simon

it’s one of them stupid big things that you cant see out the windscreen when your driving

Thanks Denis i wont be buying one of them then :frowning:

simon

I am not sure of the size :confused: :confused: but is it not dangerous to use the map whilst driving :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SCANTHEMAN

scantheman:
I am not sure of the size :confused: :confused: but is it not dangerous to use the map whilst driving :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SCANTHEMAN

No its only dangerous if you make a brew at the same time :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

simon