Truckers Handbook

A new “Truckers Handbook” was published on 2oth April,
has anyone bought this yet.
Can anyone who has give some feedback?
Was it a good buy or not.
Thanks.
P.S. anyone who doubts the wisdom of auto transmission should
try and have a drive in a 520 FH Volvo, fantastic drive with lots of power.
( they should do this after driving a Scania Auto which keeps the clutch pedal
and an awful warning message on the dash when you dont get it right).

I haven’t seen a copy of the book but I suspect some parts of it will be out of date already, specifically the regulation changes that come in on Monday. They were only announced on the 11th April and as the book was published on the 20th there wasn’t time to include them. As long as anyone who purchases the book is aware of the changes the rest of the contents seem it would still be a very useful investment.

More details of the book are available HERE>

I just ordered one to see what it is like.

thanks for bringing this to our attention.
just had a look at the haynes site where there are a few sample pages.

samples

looks interesting.

i had a good flick through it in smith`s yesterday,i would say the book is mainly aimed at new drivers with very useful sections inc a guide on how to use the different truck gearboxs on the market,reefers,curtainsiders and containers etc.
it also has a detailed list of truck cafes, truckstops, services,fuel ,dealer contact info.
it is nice to see a book like this come on the market and full marks to the lass that spent 3 years researching this book,i have ordered a copy as if it is sucessful we may see it updated or others come on the market all of which makes our job easier.
the book is sponsered by scania and has a couple of pages on the “scania v8 experience” so that should keep the glory boys happy :unamused:
jon

i have just had a look at the sample pages and the one showing crawley crossing trcukstop is wrong for a start :imp: :imp:

its half a mile on the LEFT :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

My copy of the book arrived yesterday and I agree that it is aimed more at the new driver, although there are very useful sections for all. A new driver could do far worse than investing in a copy of this book as it contains answers, supported by photographs or diagrams, to many of the most frequently asked ‘newbie’ questions on these forums. At under £10 on Amazon you can’t go wrong.

mine arrived today :smiley:
well worth a tenner in my book
talking of books any chance of another book neil :smiley:
jon