Trucker`s Handbook

I have just come across a book that maybe of use to truckers new and old!

It is called Truckers’ Handbook
Author Lisa Marie Melbourne
Publisher Haynes

This book is a very interesting read and provides excellent advice and tips for any trucker, with any length of experience. It will espcially help newbies find there way around the different types of trucks and the many variations. It also gives advice on what tio do if you have problems out on the road and what sort of things every driver should carry.

Now most of this for experienced drivers will be irrelevant, but nevertheless still provide an interesting read and remind us what we should be doing.

From walk-round checks and knowing the ins and outs of a truck to the driver and what they should be carrying with them.

It also lists Petrol stations, truckstops, snack vans, etc

For £14.99 this is an invaluable read

Check it out, its available at most MSAs and i can only assume good bookshops!!!

Glad to read a positive about this great little book.
Lisa took many months compiling and writing it and is - as we speak - in the process of updating it to include the latest truckstop openings and closures.

:smiley: totally agree a great book of knowledge, however being a smart [zb] or a tightwad or maybe jus havin no money after paying my lgv tuition fees! i got a bargain on ebay around £10 including postage i can also recommend a book called drive on confidently from the proffessional drivers association, you can google it an get their web addy.

i can also recommend a book called drive on confidently from the proffessional drivers association, you can google it an get their web addy.

Or check here

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26744