truckers Handbook

I mentioned on another post a couple of books I used to have with useful info for lorry drivers. Im looking for something similar with info on overnight parking, decent food, fuel cards etc. The ones I used to have are no longer published and are out of date (1985 and 1990).
Anyway I found this soon to be published book on Amazon, it may be of interest to others, if so check here

If anyone knows of a similar publication that is already available I would be grateful for the info.
Phil

thanks for the link m8. ive just ordered it.
if it ever turns up i will review it on here :wink:

Did they give you a publication date? Im so skint I dont want to lay out the cash until its available :blush:
Phil

I have ordered a copy and the E-mail gave a dispatch date of April 21st,
thanks for the info Freebird.

Freebird:
Did they give you a publication date? Im so skint I dont want to lay out the cash until its available :blush:
Phil

Phil, the publication date is on the Amazon page, April 20, 2006. It’s the first line of the product details. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Freebird:
Phil

Phil, the publication date is on the Amazon page, April 20, 2006. It’s the first line of the product details. :wink:

Oh for Gods sake, I think Im losing my marbles, and publicly too :blush:
So much to do, so little time (nothing to do with age at all), nurse nurse :open_mouth:
Phil

Can highly recommend this book. Lisa Melbourne is herself a lady trucker and writes from the point of view of the driver.
Much research has gone into this venture, listing all truckstiops, parking areas and even burger wagons in useful spots.
Lisa tell me that there are plans to update this publication on an annual basis so drivers will not be misled by recently closed truckstops and get to hear about new ones.

Mothertrucker:
Can highly recommend this book. Lisa Melbourne is herself a lady trucker and writes from the point of view of the driver.
Much research has gone into this venture, listing all truckstiops, parking areas and even burger wagons in useful spots.
Lisa tell me that there are plans to update this publication on an annual basis so drivers will not be misled by recently closed truckstops and get to hear about new ones.

Well thats good enough for me, sold, Im putting my oder in. Thanks for the info.
Phil

Mothertrucker:

thanks Mothertrucker.
looking forward to mine arriving now

thanks for the link ordered mine :smiley:
but with agency work been very quite here might be a while before i get to use
it …

I understand this book will be on sale at the Peterborough Truck show so drivers will be able to purchase the book there.

i may have missed it somewhere,but how up to date is it.

Warrior:
i may have missed it somewhere,but how up to date is it.

yep i know thicko alert ,just checked it out on amazon and ordered a copy.