Truck Remembrance Poppies

Where do you get those big Remembrance Day poppies from that you sometimes see on the front of trucks?

You never seem to see them much now, I remember when my Dad had a pub, He sold them from a box on the bar. Big Poppies, Stickers or normal poppies. or of course you could just donate your lose change.

That was in the days when you got a thru’penny bit back from a florin though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve seen a few giant poppies this year although I agree that a pennorth of chips was only a ha’penny in the old days. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mainly asda trucks so far.try them?

Sainsburys trucks have them as well.

Ken.

I asked a poppy seller in Exeter Msa yesterday - he didn’t know either :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I’ve got one of the car ones on my truck

I spent ages on their website last week but couldn’t find anything so I e-mailed the chief fundraiser (or equivalent) to ask her where to get them from.

She didn’t know but did send me this;
“You need to contact Kevin Forbes, the Fundraiser for Wales on 01978 312823 or email on kforbes@britishlegion.org.uk

I guess you would have to contact the fundraiser for your area? :confused: TBH, I’ve given up on the ‘whoppers’ and just bough a car sized one that goes discreetly on the grille. :sunglasses:

Quinny:
Sainsburys trucks have them as well.

Ken.

I dont know were they came from, I walked to waltham point one morning & a few had them come next morning they had multiplied & were on every motor.

You get some funny looks from people one guy on his bike was so mezmorized he alomost fell of his bike in front of me.

Perhaps TruckNet could contact the Royal British Legion next year and offer to sell them through the website?

Seems it’s not just me who wants a big symbol of our thanks to take across the country.

2 ‘Old Soldiers’ were selling them today (7 Nov )at Whitwood Truck Stop,Castleford. They are official British Legion.

i always thought that Sainsburys and asda trucks only displayed them.

Driver training unit at Leconfield has them on all their trucks

brit_mark:
i always thought that Sainsburys and asda trucks only displayed them.

My firm when we were ANC always USED to have them on,now we are FEDEX,I’m still waiting to see■■?
As the RBL are the official suppliers of poppies,I would have thought they would know.

A bus company I drove for last year had them on the buses. They did indeed get them direct from the R.B.L.

Too late for this year but yes I agree if trucknet/reed were able to get hold of a supply, I would be glad to donate for one

Harry Monk:
Seems it’s not just me who wants a big symbol of our thanks to take across the country.

No Harry, it’s not. :wink:

I’d certainly want one if I was at work this week.

I have a standard one on my van.

I think that our Transport Manager would probably have them fitted on our whole fleet if he could get hold of them.

Think we’ll have to get in a bit quicker next year.

Try the contact for Supply Lines (Part of the Royal British Legion).

Maybe too late to get one for this year though.

rblicatalogue.co.uk/cataloguecontact.cfm

Got my two from the local pub, one for Terry’s truck and one for my car. Liz

going slightly off the point. i was loading at bayer, antwerp yesterday and the security wanted to know what the poppy on my shirt was for?. he seemed to think it was something we wear for celebrating st george’s day!..would have thought belgium of all places knew what a poppy means

Wouldn’t you just!

Mind you they do take particular care of the war cemeteries/graves there.
So. I’ll forgive that particular ignorant git

wirralpete:
going slightly off the point. i was loading at bayer, antwerp yesterday and the security wanted to know what the poppy on my shirt was for?. he seemed to think it was something we wear for celebrating st george’s day!..would have thought belgium of all places knew what a poppy means

Probably goes a long way to explaining why he’s ‘security’ Pete. :confused: