Where are the poppy sellers

Ive seen plenty of people wearing them but i haven’t seen anyone selling them.
I like to get them from the british legion people as i normally get one for the car as well but havent seen them probably banned by some left wing nut case :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

The pc brigade have almost put a stop to them selling them for fear of offending others. :imp:

And some shops have done the same. :imp:

They ought to hang their heads in shame. It makes me more determined than ever to remember our fallen.

However, I’ve just got mine through the post that I ordered on Sunday night. The thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76407

Ken.

Cheers mate the worst thing about it is most minority groups ain’t offended it’s the White left wing do gooders that start this then that whips up more anti minority feeling than the original thing.

I have not noticed the problem you are having, most shops I have been in have them by the tills, even Aldi.

brados:
I have not noticed the problem you are having, most shops I have been in have them by the tills, even Aldi.

Will they be cheaper in there? :smiling_imp:

brados:

Must be because I live in an area that’s embraced the multi cultral dream. :smiley: :smiley:
Just got one in my local will order the car one online

Muckaway:

brados:

Will they be cheaper in there? :smiling_imp:

Yeah there cheaper but they charge you for the pin lol

There is no charge for popies.You make a donation to the British Legion via the tin with a slit.I got mine at Morrisons at their Leominster store.

brados:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=76478

It’s taken me a few days to find a collection box, eventually Sainsbury’s got one so I put a couple of quid in. I’ve been wearing it all day and I’ve not spotted one other person wearing one and I’ve not exactly been in doors all day :unamused:

And any one who for some reason gets offended by it can ■■■■ right off :smiley:

I recently got a copy of the original BBC series about the Great War. It was made in the 1960’s in black and white, and i remember when i was a lad, watching it in absolute silence, and the feeling that I got from that series stays with me today. Maybe the BBC can repeat it in 2014, 100 years after the start of WWI. It shows how stupid little things and stupid people can start wars over nothing, and it shows the human sacrifice that our ancesters went through out of loyalty and the will to do the right thing.
I always donate to the poppy fund, had a collector at my door tonight. Any business or organisation who bans poppies will lose my respect, and my custom.

like wise, couldn’t fine one for a couple of days, then load’s of them turn up at once.
went in to the co-op the other day, to people, were sat down near the exit, and were compleatly shocked when i dropped about a fiver in and i didn’t even want a poppy (mechanic by trade), but i do have 3 mounted on my car, the sticker on the back window, a medium one on the rear view mirror, and a plactic one cable tied on to the front grill.

also, there are only a few charitys i give to, and i only give money to the RBL at this time of year, all other charitys, can and do take a back seat, it’s once a year thats all…

I never have any bother finding a poppy to buy , although I guess some areas of Britain will sadly be unrepresented

due to shop keepers not wanting grieve from idiots . I buy from local shop and also donate to

poppy.org.uk/support-us/give … 4QodRV03Og.

They should never be forgotten .

Not seen any around Witney yet, nor anyone going door to door…mind you if I see doorstep sellers I dont answer (never had a poppy seller visit in 7 years) the only charity ones are the envelope pushers who dont like it when I leave the empty one under the mat for them to collect: Yes, one suntanned chap had thenerve to knock and ask (Politely told we dont do doorstep traders).

Quinny:
The pc brigade have almost put a stop to them selling them for fear of offending others. :imp:

And some shops have done the same. :imp:

They ought to hang their heads in shame. It makes me more determined than ever to remember our fallen.

However, I’ve just got mine through the post that I ordered on Sunday night. The thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76407

Ken.

Why in Shame?
Anyone who doesnt like it mustnt come.
well,now,… guardian.co.uk/world/2011/no … ck-nuclear