Truck microwaves

About a year ago I shelled out on an all ride microwave for my wagon, mainly to try and eat healthier food on an evening. I wasn’t particularly impressed with it as it took too long to heat a meal up (approx15-20 mins) and it was not actually very big. However I persevered until a few weeks ago it just stopped whilst heating my tea up. First question - does anyone on here us this microwave and what are your experiences with it? Secondly - could I use a 600w inverter to power a cheapo home microwave from tescos? And finally…is a samsung roadmate really worth 500quid?

I think the inverter route is what most do.

Personally, I use my camping stove. It’s a fancy one that cost about £100 so getting more use out of it is a bonus but £20 should get you something useable, I can cook anything that can be done on a hob.

Tuesday’s meal’s an experiment - fingers crossed…

Bean and corned beef curry with pasta :confused:

i went invertor route mate,1000w one,wiring and fitted for 200 notes then bought £35 microwave from tesco.
Was apprehensive at shelling out the cash to start with but saved in the long run,and use my invertor to power most of my in cab gear.

But would a 600w inverter do the trick? Thats what i’ve got fitted at the moment.

600w inverter to run an 800w microwave

do the maths mate :wink:

Which model do you have?The earlier one shows a clock on the digital display when it is powered up but not actually cooking,the later one doesn’t show a clock and also has a carrying handle built into the top of it.
I had the earlier one and it stopped cooking.After some investigation (taking the outside cover off)I found there are two inhibitor switches linked to the door. I bypassed these and it worked perfectly,so would assume that one (or both) of them were faulty.Don’t know if the later one has the same or similar set-up.

darkseeker:
I think the inverter route is what most do.

Personally, I use my camping stove. It’s a fancy one that cost about £100 so getting more use out of it is a bonus but £20 should get you something useable, I can cook anything that can be done on a hob.

Tuesday’s meal’s an experiment - fingers crossed…

Bean and corned beef curry with pasta :confused:

You can cook toast on a stove too there is a little add on thing you buy about a fiver. Just thought id add to your menu :grimacing:

The Samsung Roadmate is worth every penny. I’ve had one for two years and wouldn’t be without. I cook a lot on my stove but the microwave is great for the microwave meals on a quick break at well as steamed veg with dinner. It’s great because it uses so little power. I never have the engine running when it’s on, not need to, even when it’s on for 15/20 minutes doing jacket potatos and the like.

I have to fire up my toaster first once thats running the old micro will start.Without it the micro wont start,it will then run without toaster on.Thats with as 1000 watt inverter ■■?

It was bought just over a year ago but god knows how long it was sat in the cdc shop for before that. It has the digital display constantly displayed (or it did) but also has a carry handle on the top which I took off to put under the bunk!

i have got 3 Samsung Roadmate microwaves, one i bought brand new from CDC at Truckfest 2007 (£250), one came witha truck i bought, and the third, bought it for £100 from a mate who didn’t need it any more

best things i ever bought, worth every penny on them

with a couple of mine when maufacters microwave (24v) packed up

have put in a 2000 watt invertor £167

and £25 microwave from asda

they work perfectly even cook better

alos then can take low volt elec kettle and toaster

invertor all the wway