Inverter? and other questions

Looks like i found a job, they have Mercs 16 plates and seems none have a inverter built in.

Looking for opinions on what to get, seen some cheap 1500w ones on ebay for £25…but the description says dont use it for anything over 200w…

Want one pref with 2 plugs to power a laptop, and if i wont break the bank a 600w microwave. Will be tramping and if you want to use a truckstop you have to pay for it yourself…so guessing it will be Ind estates and laybys. So hot food would be nice.

Got myself a 24v kettle so the brew is sorted, and a 12v coolbox. Have to sort my own dashcam and sat nav, got cheap dash cam and think i have a line on a truckers sat nav.

For charging phones etc is a 3 plug 5.1A socket going to be ok in a 24v socket or do i have to stick to 12v for them?

Cheers

Have a butchers in this forum mate: viewforum.php?f=8

It should answer all your questions…

rebel1012:
For charging phones etc is a 3 plug 5.1A socket going to be ok in a 24v socket or do i have to stick to 12v for them?

Most things that give you a 5V USB output will accept a 12 or 24V input.
There should be a sticker somewhere on any such devices which tells you the input and output voltages.

Our place have inverters in the new motors, but it’s purely for the microwave. No sockets available, all hard wired. States clearly in our Ts and Cs, that if you’re caught with an inverter, or kettle, or try and hardwire anything in, then you’re down the road, P45 in the post.

I charge my tablet up off my usb thingy, phone, satnav and wifi dongle are always plugged in, and the domestic microwaves they’ve given us, can make a brew in a proper mug in 3 minutes.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

I am away most of the week don’t have an inverter but do have a decent cooker ( worldofwater.co.uk/products/ … Gwodvu4Msw) like this a decent kettle can do loads with it mind I do have a built in fridge so don’t have to worry about that