Microwaves inverters

afternoon

so does any one have a microwave in there truck that THEY have put in and if so is a 1500w inverter needed
also ive seen 1500w inverters for about £40 on ebay which seems cheap as others can be up to about £400 so has anyone had a cheap one and if so are they any good

I use a 1000w (with a 2000w peak) to run my microwave, been in there 2 years without any problems.

When you start at s&k ask in the garage they will fit everything for you because the boss prefers it

nice 1

Do I need a 12v inverted or 24v

24v because you’ll need to run it straight from batteries.

Sound I thought so, it would of been to late if u had said 12 as I ordered a 24v now

im running a 2000w 4000w surge inverter(£165 ebay) and a daewoo qt microwave (£60 amazon)this oven has a standard 10" turntable but a smaller cabinet so its the same size inside but smaller outside its in the cntr locker of my actros and the door shuts,it cooks at 700w and according to the meter on the inverter in draws 1050 w(very low for a microwave).had no probs thus far

theyve sent me the wrong inverter so ive got a 12v one, carnt i plug this into the 12v ■■■ lighter and run the microwave of it that way

adam1987:
theyve sent me the wrong inverter so ive got a 12v one, carnt i plug this into the 12v ■■■ lighter and run the microwave of it that way

No the wattage will be too high, however you could direct wire it into 1 battery as 1 they are 12v each

Post removed after realising it was a bloody stupid question :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

excellent so i just need a longer wire

adam1987:

Send it back you payed for the 24 v .12v is probably cheaper check the price diffence.

Joycey:

adam1987:

No the wattage will be too high, however you could direct wire it into 1 battery as 1 they are 12v each

and in 3months you will have 1 good battery and 1 not so good

chaversdad:

Joycey:

adam1987:

and in 3months you will have 1 good battery and 1 not so good

This is true