Travel updates

Hi all ive got a long drive tommorow up the m6 to manchester was wondering if anyone has any good sites to check before i set off in the morning and also for future referance when the weather is like this, Thanks Neil…

bbc.co.uk/weather/

metcheck

Thankyou.

i,m sure the 3cm or whatever we are getting will have melted by the time you go anywere tomorow :wink:

xcweather.co.uk

There’s some quality won’t someone think of the children/what if it was your loved ones on Sky and BBC news at the moment thanks to this ‘severe’ weather. Although the best bit was one BBC numpty trying to sound all dramatic when he told us that due to the snow, “Cars have had to slow right down.” There was a dusting of snow about the same as icing sugar on a cake behind him at the time. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

highways.gov.uk/traffic/traffic.aspx

www.openthebedroomcurtains.co.uk

sorry.

I was traveling form coventry to manchester with the mrs and 3 kids, younest one is 3, its only to go to a bmx race so its not that important but thanks for the replys I will check in the morning, but opening the curtains will be the first point of call :slight_smile: lol

Strangely enough I’m going the other way :laughing: , I’ve got Coventry then Rugby, and back to Manchester. So if you see a white MAN give us a flash and I’ll know it’s you. We’ve had a bit up here in Bolton but not too bad, well unless it’s these idiot car drivers spinning around because of too much right pedal then middle :unamused: .
Phil

philtvc65:
Strangely enough I’m going the other way :laughing: , I’ve got Coventry then Rugby, and back to Manchester. So if you see a white MAN give us a flash and I’ll know it’s you. We’ve had a bit up here in Bolton but not too bad, well unless it’s these idiot car drivers spinning around because of too much right pedal then middle :unamused: .
Phil

Heading into Birmingham, I suppose it does narrow down the number of white men he’ll pass :laughing:

philtvc65:
Phil

So why don’t you go to the BMX race and old Sketchy goes to Rugby?

Sorted.

Thankyou.

snow drifting fast in the peak district at the moment, bbc news say it will head south/east next!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: it will be travel chaos

Coffeeholic:

philtvc65:
Phil

Sorted.

Thankyou.

Im up for that but the ten year olds he will be racing are pretty fast !!!

Moose:
snow drifting fast in the peak district at the moment, bbc news say it will head south/east next!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: it will be travel chaos

It’s got to Luton and I’ve just been watching from my window as some guy was struggling in the half a centimetre we have had so far. When he did finally get his car moving, more by luck than judgement, he cracked on at almost 2 miles per hour and then took about 5 minutes to get going again and pull out from the end of the street into the main road.

sketchybob:

Coffeeholic:

philtvc65:
Phil

Sorted.

Thankyou.

Im up for that but the ten year olds he will be racing are pretty fast !!!

Ah yes, we do indeed have to think of the children.

What about the 3 year old you have, was he going to be competing against others in his age group? Maybe that would be a better option for Phil?

no she can ride without stabilisers but wont be allowed to race till she is 4 :frowning:

sketchybob:
no she can ride without stabilisers but wont be allowed to race till she is 4 :frowning:

Life can be tough when you’re at that awkward age of 3. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: As long as she learns and grows from this unfair experience I’m sure she will be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

truckers and snow = problem

lorry drivers and snow = just get on and do the job

Check this site frixo.com/ :wink: