Lousy Weather

A bit quiet on here tonight, I assume it’s due to the weather and people not yet home, or having to ‘night out’ unexpectedly.

I hope everyone gets home safely.

The last time I can remember the wind this bad was in a January a couple of years ago. I got up on the Monday, saw the weather forecast and thought. “No thanks!” Phoned the Agency and told them I was taking a weeks holiday.

If I remember correctly, eight motorists died that day, mainly in the North-East, from falling trees, vehicles overturning, or vehicles overturning onto other vehicles.

Take care. :slight_smile:

I had an early start (0800) this morning, ran up to Grangemouth from Carnforth n tipped at about 1500 :laughing: (I had a few hours to wait b4 booking in). Then back to the yard MT. The weather seemed OK then but I was, obviously, running north with a tail wind and I had a reasonable weight on. Have things got a lot worse since then Krankee?

Hope its not to bad for the run back down tomorrow. It goes without saying that I hope everyone gets to where they are going safely tonight.

Worcs area, mid afternoon, I got blown all over the place, (and that was just walking) :smiley: It’s calmed down now but I think it’s coming your way.

It’s pretty appalling here…thought I was going to get blown off the causeway on my way back out to the island this afternoon, and that was in the car! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it was alright down in london today but coming back up the m1 it started to get a bit draughty.

even the sprinters were slowing down :wink:

jon

seems to have settled now though

I must have missed it all on Friday :slight_smile:

I left Scunthorpe about 0800 and got to Felixstowe about 1200, straight onto Landguard no probs and 90 mins later got box lifted off (broken down RTG on D-row; had to get the one off C-row to take a detour to get to me; due credit and thanks to the op). Onto Trinity via a short spell in the THA and then away at 1450. Bright, dry, sunny, calm day down there and all the way down and back up north again, although I understand they were shut early that morning and they shut around 1900 last night coz of the wind.

Think I did well for a Friday.

Brgds

Speedy

jonboy:
even the sprinters were slowing down :wink:

I don’t believe that for a second. :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.