M6 again

northwichguardian.co.uk/display. … ion_19.php

northwichguardian.co.uk/display. … lision.php

M6 J19 to J15 is just crap at the moment, so many crashes.

ive just clicked on one of these links and it loaded the same page so many times it crashed my pc… :smiling_imp:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc … 407058.stm

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf … 406928.stm

This last month has been a joke on the M6, has everyone been affected by the sun, there have been loads of fatalities and serious injuries recently, i would say that driving standards generally have dropped to even lower standards than i thought was possible, there seems to be stacks of pedestrians being skittled at the moment as well, it may be controversial but do we have an influx of europeans with different roads, laws, driving etiquette and conditions that could be increasing the problems ?.

And in other news, management of the M4, M5, M6 and M25 has been subcontracted by the Highways Agency to National Car Parks. All roadside telephones will be replaced by pay and display machines shortly. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

allikat:
And in other news, management of the M4, M5, M6 and M25 has been subcontracted by the Highways Agency to National Car Parks. All roadside telephones will be replaced by pay and display machines shortly. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

well 'yesterday was bizzarre…went to manchester and on the way back stuck outside keele services for an hour…news said a truck had runover 2 women.
having a chat with fellow travellers as you do in these situations,one said’i was just coming up northbound and saw 2 women pulling suitcases along the CENTRAL RESERVATION.'turns out he had turned round at the next junction after being stood down on a callout and in that short period of time thay had been runover by an artic and a car.
heard it all now. :open_mouth:

And heres the link.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf … 406928.stm

Copied from elsewhere

:cry:

Post 1.

From the Police this was believed to be a Double suicide pact, they didn’t care who they hurt in the process and the aftermath was not good, We have two bloody good Hatos that were put in to a situation that they should not have had to deal with the BIB’s didn’t turn out for some 25mins then turned up with a BBC team in tow and made matters worse. WHY? I will tell you why the lads had things semi calmed down, then after the first time they got hit. but only superficial wounds thank god, BiB’s turn up girls bolted in to the road under HGV the hato nearest the road did his best to grab them but eventually they got free and with no regard for those on the c/way went straight under an HGV.
Those poor road users were in bits, the HGV driver and a car with small children in it was a horrendous sight to see them vomiting and so distressed.

Post 2.
The entire situation leading up to it was a bit weird, but we did our job baed on the information we had, then all of a sudden they decided to run. It’s almost guaranteed to be on Motorway Cops, this one…

The police didn’t turn out initially as from CCTV it seemed to just be two young girls walking up the central reserve from the services, however after they decided to jump, you think back and their body language seemed very odd. Holding hands, hugging and kissing etc. Ah well, you live and learn.

Just as wreckteck100 quote’s
“Heard it all now” , i don’t think that term would ever enter my volcabularly again,

My big problem is however unstable some people are possibly momentarily, it is the innocent people it affects during the process and aftermath and frequently these are truckers, due to the nature of the job they do. :frowning:
as quoted above.

Motorways are closed as an extreme last resort and the last couple of fatals/rtc’s etc i have been on i have to commend the truck drivers for their (resigned to it :blush: ) attitude and actions because we are working as aquickly as possible to reopen things which have usually been closed due to someone else’s actions.

well…that’s made it even more bizzarre than i thought it was to start with. :open_mouth: