Tramping ????

Im going to sound like a complete div here, but just what is tramping? Do you roam around the country with no money and no food and nowhere to sleep until you find someone who will employ you as an artic driver? Is this what i need to do for someone to give me a job driving class1 vehicles? :laughing:
Or is it a waiting game? :confused:

Hi jad24369, That question is asked quite often mate. :wink:

Here’s a link to the sticky at the top of this forum :arrow_right: LINK

When you land, please click the letter “T” then scroll a bit and you’ll have a good answer. :grimacing:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi jad24369, That question is asked quite often mate. :wink:

Here’s a link to the sticky at the top of this forum :arrow_right: LINK

When you land, please click the letter “T” then scroll a bit and you’ll have a good answer. :grimacing:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

lmao. That answer couldn’t be closer to the truth if they tried. Yup we just roam the country going wherever the next load is coming from or going too.

jad24369:
Im going to sound like a complete div here, but just what is tramping? Do you roam around the country with no money and no food and nowhere to sleep until you find someone who will employ you as an artic driver? Is this what i need to do for someone to give me a job driving class1 vehicles? :laughing:
Or is it a waiting game? :confused:

Ah I think I see what you mean … :wink:
job tramping = to find employment :question:
OR
tramping job = got employmeny but driving around to find a load :question:

Ok thanks fellas. Are trampers self employed owner drivers then?

jad24369:
Ok thanks fellas. Are trampers self employed owner drivers then?

can be AND PAYE - allsorts

Not by definition, no. O/ds and employed drivers do the same kinds of work, just the number of headaches for the o/d is greater. (Speaking from experience here…Can you tell why I got out and went employed? :blush: :laughing: :laughing: )

What sort of money are we looking at for tramping? o/d and paye?

I’m earning £32,100 p/a but then my tax and NI come out of that. Though one advantage I’m PAYE so it isnt my truck, something goes worng with it the boss foots the bill not me.