Trailer Theft

Had a blue montracon brick trailer nicked out of our yard early hours Fri morning. Just been re-furbed too.

You’ll find it in a layby on the A619 worksop road. I saw it there yesterday, no brick crane on it, between 35 & 40ft in length split into two halves, blue canvas sides and old wooden pallets on the back end. The one between arrow farm and the shireoaks turn.

Hope it helps

Just phoned gaffer. He on his way to have a look ta. Sounds like they’ve had the crane an dumped trailer.

■■■■■■!!! :unamused:

Should be shot. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Glad to have been of help.

Yep defo our trailer minus its crane and donkey engine. Been an recovered it this aft. Thanx for info limestone.

Did you get the police out?

I doubt any prints etc could be found, but just in case it would be nice if something could be found to get the thieving scumbags put away!

I went past the lay by in the car at about 8.10 yesterday morning, but I can’t remember for the life of me if I saw it when I was coming home from work on Friday night. I’ll ask a couple of the lads tomorrow as we were in convoy driving sensibly :wink: on the way to our respective homes.

:confused: :confused: Actually i’m almost sure it was there, which means in the space of 12 hours they must be locals. :angry:

Sensibly my a**e. Yes police involved. Apparantly it was dumped there Fri morning. Do you drive one of them yellow an white tippers Limestone?

No, more a red and cream Wilkinsons truck. :wink:

Just goes to show how quick they are at organising this kind of crime doesn’t it :unamused: :unamused:

any chance of a reward for the limestone cowboy :wink: :smiling_imp:

Limestone Cowboy:
No, more a red and cream Wilkinsons truck. :wink:

My condolences to you and your family … Oh the shame of driving for wilkos

Peirre
wilko escapee

peirre:
Peirre
wilko escapee

I too have been able to say this once.

Never say never as the pull of the place always gets you back :wink: :laughing:

Luckily I`ve never been on the canutes books but I did 9 months + on the agency 06/07 thru Driverhire sheffield. But I have been asked if I fancied another stint back there recently

Dont get me wrong it wasnt so bad i hated it, I got into the idea of it, I didnt mind the mid morning starts 09:00 - 11:00 (infact most of my start times these days are between 05:00 - 11:00) but the later starts inc 14:00 for 3x Lee Circle in leicester started to grind me down, especially while on Agency my start times would be different most days. and some of the store locations can be a nightmare to access. some make rotherham look easy, such as boar Ln leeds, or spending 2hrs riding round the loop trying to find the door at nottinham ctr in a rigid wasnt my idea of fun, and the idea of finishing prior to 9pm on a friday and getting to the pub for a beer was normally only something i could only dream of, POA would be virtually non existant especially when we where still tipping our own cages on the end doors so queueing up was the norm.
making some serious money by putting the hours in is slightly limited at wilkos while on agency as the average shift is 10hrs, thats why I`m happyish with the regular agy gig over at DHL (Tickhill/Harworth) as I can get 10-15hrs especially as its only 5mins from home, and the only handball I do is open the doors or curtains

IMO Wilkos could really do with a 3rd DC somewhere between worksop and Magor.

something else Ive notice with Canutes, and this was reinforced recently when I did a shift at gamston, is why aint there any cab phones?
for a medium sized company youd think it wouldnt be an issue to have the majority of the fleet fitted with phones.
I turned up at Gamston for my shift, somewhere Ive been before and the 1st thing they did wasnt say good morning etc, but pull out the office mobile and try to ring MY mobile to check if MY phone was ringing to confirm they had my number. when I asked them what they was doing, they told me. To which I replied “youll have to be listening very carefully, Ive deliberately left it at home”
I hadnt but knew the crack so turned my phone onto silent prior to walking into the office I explained politely that if they wanted to use MY mobile for THEIR business that they must pay expenses, they refused, so I was told "you ring us, let it ring twice, hang up, and well call you back. and it won`t cost you nothing!!"
Errrrrrr hang on, someones gotta buy a phone in the 1st place!
He even advised me that it would be a good idea to by a £20 PAYG phone

They where having puppies as I had to go to Tescos Raddlett, and up to sainsburys buntingford to deliver, and across to Thetford for a backhaul. They wasnt pleased because as I wouldn`t phone em to keep em updated on my progress (which was going ok)

They haven’t got my mobile number either which suits me fine :wink:

However I must admit that not having a cab phone and therefore not being contactable by the office staff throughout the day is to a lot of people (including me) a big advantage with the job. If I need to get in contact I will use the phone at the shops I am delivering to, and likewise if they need me they will leave a message for me to ring them when I arrive to deliver.

Having been away for a number of years in betwwen my stints here has made me realise that the grass isn’t always greener, and at the end of the day it’s a pretty stable company to work for in the present climate and the job is steady too.

P…S I know what you mean about the Leeds shop, it’s one hell of a leap of faith commiting yourself down that alleyway :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: