Stolen trailer!

Hi, don’t know whether any has seen my stolen trailer either on the road or maybe dropped on an industrial estate. It was stolen on Pontypool saturday 12.09.09 from a locked yard. The thieves broke into the nearby Pritchards Transport yard & stole a blue & white ERF ECX. This was used initially to drag, with a chain, my DAF XF105 from under the trailer and then take the trailer way. The ERF was found burnt out on Villiers Road, Knowsley Ind Est @ 09.30 that morning.
The trailer was loaded with Batchelors Super Noodles Chicken flavour.
The Schmitz Cargobull Euroliner is 6 months old and is unique because it is the only trailer built with it’s specification.
It’s easily recognised due to it’s silver side guards, DAF wheeltrims, DAF badges on rear, red SCHMITZ logo on rear bumper, red number plate lights. in livery of STUART DURRANT TRANSPORT
I now you guys are all over the country, day & night, there may be a chance someone has seen it. As many of you know I have sub contracted for ESL for over 10 years & I would appreciate a little help.
I am not concerned about the load because I have Goods in Transit insurance but because the trailer is so new & insurers do give ‘like for like’ with trailers if not recovered I stand to loose a considerable amount of money at a bad time for everyone.
I would be very grateful for any sightings & I can be contacted by either voice or text on 07971 048934.
Thanks for taking time to read this & please tell others.

Sorry if pictures small

Unlucky dude, feel for you. The basards will knick anything nowadays. Gap insurance a must if buying new tackle but I guess you don’t want to hear that now, hope you find the trailer.

It’s not my trailer i copied it off another site, i’m posting it on behalf of the owner, to try find his trailer

sam

Here is a bigger picture of the trailer.

lorryspotting.com/newsArticle.asp?nID=1123959572

Phantom,sorry to hear the bad news,thieving scum bags,cant make money using their brains,if they have one,have to pilfer from folks that work hard to keep a roof over their heads.I will be about in my helicopter later,so will keep a look out over M4,M5 corridors.Irish hauliers have post codes written on trailer roofs,as some caravans,easier for me and my co-pilot to spot.Singapore,you get flogged,Saudi Arabia,you get your hand chopped off,for stealing.Take care.Hope it is found,and ferry ports informed asap.

an update on Stuart Durrants Stolen Trailer

The Trailer HAS been found with minimal damage and minus load.

thanks

sam

Dunno if this is the right place but…

Anyone want to buy some noodles, chicken flavour only left. :laughing:

phantom309:

thanks

sam

were was it found ?

Its a nice trailer :smiley: .Good job it was found.Shame the load was missing but that was obviously going to happen :frowning:

Koop:
Dunno if this is the right place but…

Anyone want to buy some noodles, chicken flavour only left. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

IF they knew what the load was, it was probably targeted as an easy to sell product unlikely to arouse much suspicion. But a lot of work hawking it round corner shops a few boxes at a time!

Good to see you have got it back, but, what a distance to knick something of so little value [the load that is], Pontypool to Knowsley, its funny how the truck / trailer always seem to turn up in that area innit…

mark h:

phantom309:

thanks

sam

were was it found ?

The trailer has been recovered!!!
Merseyside Police informed me this morning @04.15 that an eagle-eyed security guard had noticed the trailer parked on on Ainsworth Lane, Knowsley Business Park (just around the corner from where the stolen ERF was dumped)on wednesday night & it was still there on thursday night. Northwest Recovery have taken it to their secure compound & I eagerly await it’s return. Damage is alledgely minimal but I will be the judge of that. The load was no where to be found-surprise surprise. The tractor unit is booked into Tor Trucks the week after next for it’s damage to be repaired.
I would like to thank all those members who went out of their way to look for & post my plea for help on a number of other web sites.

This is what the owner posted on a different site

I have seen noodles being sold at car boots and street markets all the UK,before this load was stolen.lot of effort to shift it.

All our trailers are fitted with a tracking device,partly for antitheft,but also so that the Ops people know where they all are(all over Europe).It also keeps tracks on our subbies,so that we do not need to call them all the time.We can fit them ourselves,and they sit under the trailer with GPS and GSM/GPRS signals reflected off the road.less than £400.00 for hardware and about £12.00/month for SIM card(Euro roaming) and mapping.we also have some spares that we fit to hired trailers.Power is taken from rear fusebox(unallocated spade couplings) and/or lights.

muhandis89:
All our trailers are fitted with a tracking device,partly for antitheft,but also so that the Ops people know where they all are(all over Europe).It also keeps tracks on our subbies,so that we do not need to call them all the time.We can fit them ourselves,and they sit under the trailer with GPS and GSM/GPRS signals reflected off the road.less than £400.00 for hardware and about £12.00/month for SIM card(Euro roaming) and mapping.we also have some spares that we fit to hired trailers.Power is taken from rear fusebox(unallocated spade couplings) and/or lights.

Hmm that helps we now know where ur goodie trackers are fitted :unamused: whip em off and drop it with battery on to a high speed train up and down europe :laughing: should keep someone busy tracking it :laughing:

Nick there are more than one type of tracker unit and it can be placed any where you wish
some firms over here have them built in the trailer and they work off a combination of battery ,
sun energy, power from the vehicle, a good system that has been correctly fitted is hard to find,
so it is not so easy as to find as posted on here,