traction gb

does anyone know what happened to traction gb.think they were based in dover white volvo and scanias red and blue writing?

The owner can’t remember his name at moment used to(and could still be) race trucks.
Not seen any of them for a while and not really thought of them to be honest.

nigel fry i think it was? packed up/went pop ages ago

cheers lads.does anyone have any photos of his motors.they were smart wagons

here’s a few traction gb’s. Paul

cheers for them paul very nice pics.cheers mate

Nigel fry is still about,i think traction g.b still exists,see a trailer last month going through dover with it on the side but in a different style to that of old.
Now i think he something to do with Fleetwood transport from i think over faversham way,i dunno.But the old livery is gone.
If you go on truckphotos4sale.com there is a pic of B497 VKK a 28 daf which my dad had from new as well as some scanias n volvos of his.

cheers i will have a look :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes Nigel is a good friend of Richard Warren who owns Fleetwood Transport, based in Hempstead Lane Bapchild Nr Sittingbourne. I drive pased there on my way to work and have to admire their fleet of Volvo FHs and not forgetting the lovely old F16!!.

Sorry for the thread-necro but I’ve only just seen it.

Nigel had a yard at Tilmanstone but packed up a few years back and his yard is now the site of a Scania dealership.

He kept the best of his work and Fleetwood Transport do a lot of this for him. Additionally he sometimes does holiday cover for us as a driver but he isn’t connected with Fleetwood as such.

We run one trailer under the Traction GB name (but not in his old livery), I had it on the back last week for a run down to Palencia in Spain.

See if you can guess who it used to belong to :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

He didn’t go bust, he just got fed up with it and wanted to devote more time to truck racing. He had a reputation as a ferociously quick payer and I once picked up a truck racing engine from the reconditioners for him and the man there told me that everybody dealt with them on 30 or 60 day terms but whenever they posted Traction GB an invoice, his cheque would arrive the day after next, every single time.

I see him from time to time, I’ll let him know you were asking.

I’ll take it that’s an old Stobbies trailer. Did the unit come from Hanbury Riverside, it looks like one of theirs ? - sad I know :blush: :blush:

Yes it’s a Knauf trailer- we forgot to paint the roof!

My truck did indeed come from Hanbury Riverside, and started out life looking like this…

As you can see, this truck is my truck’s sister, a 54 reg with the consecutive registration number

Mark R:
Yes Nigel is a good friend of Richard Warren who owns Fleetwood Transport, based in Hempstead Lane Bapchild Nr Sittingbourne. I drive pased there on my way to work and have to admire their fleet of Volvo FHs and not forgetting the lovely old F16!!.

OK, just for you then…

I guess I must have taken these about six or seven years ago. We pulled a float at the Sittingbourne Carnival.

We’ve still got it and it’s still a working truck. I’ve driven it to Malaga in the past although it’s far too thirsty to do anything other than day trips nowadays.

That originally belonged to Peter Roff, who I am reliably informed used to be known as “Bugger” Roff.

that f16 is tip top and it sounds the nuts with the stack up the back :sunglasses:
great to hear you still got it do you get to drive it much harry :question:

harry your a legend top stuff mate i forgot i asked about gb.post some up about his 113 wagon and drag :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

here ya go dreva there was an article in truck mag on em and one of there scannies like this and an F12 were featured

Next time I see Nigel I will ask him for any photos he has of Traction GB trucks etc and post them here and I will also try to snap a few of our F16 this week.

I haven’t driven it for a while, we use it mostly for day runs and I’ve already got an allocated truck. It does sound awesome with the 500bhp direct-injection engine and the Eminox stack even round Sittingbourne, you should hear it fully-freighted snorting up a mountain in Spain or wherever! It is just impossibly heavy on fuel to use as an everyday working truck.

cheers carl :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I was paarked up with one of their drivers in Madrid (at Freds) in 1998 and he was telling me that when the first 4 series Topline Scania’s arrived the boss asked his local Scania dealer if they could remove the standard fitment air con.

He reconed the drivers would leave the engines ticking over all day when parked up but by all accounts the dealer told him that it would void the warranty if they took it off and it would cost £800 extra to have the trucks specially built without it!

Ross.

I like Nigel as a person, but he was a very hard taskmaster and I could never have worked for him. You could be taking your lights and lenses off fifty yards away and if you dropped and broke a bulb he would hear it and be over in a shot and would say “they cost 21.7p each” and if you ever checked you would find he was absolutely right.

But he was a good businessman because of it and he made good money during difficult times.