Robson road haulage scania

Dont know if any body is still interested in this thread? Ifso let me know as I can give you loads of gen on them,As I was with them from in their hayday from 1979 to 1987, a better Thanks Charlie, Ted, And Mick, For the best job ever.

Hi Mate, On your posts you say your Dad drove Georgie Moore’s 141 , Could You tell me your Dads name, As I was good mates with all the Lads, I was one of the Drivers from Robsons Liverpool Depot For eight years and would love to know what any of the lads are doing know, Some of the names were Bill mc Candless, Jimmy Hamblett, Jim Saunders, Terry Greenwood,Cliff Jones,Dave Armsrong, Mo Rowe,Georgie moore, Tommy Trucker, George And Jim Mc Daid,Steve Mc Cabe,Any Idea What Ted and Mick Robson are Doing now? Hoping to hear from you, Cheers.

robson’s of depford south london

nice picture, nice tidy livery

cheers

heres a couple of my Robsons photos.

Nothing unusual about this 1st one…YEV 778S.

and heres another of their V8’s… SEV 932W

but this where im confused :confused: and its keeping me awake most nights :confused:

who had her first…Robsons?..or was it PAN EXPRESS?

and then look what happened to her! :open_mouth:
she got an extra axle. Look carefully - you can still see the air con unit :sunglasses:

any clues on this quandery? Can you help 530power?
im desperate for a proper nights kip :confused:

the first 141 was drove from new by a man called georgie moore for eight years for robsons then my dad had it after for a few years.

the second motor was drove by my boss for robsons, so i’ll ask him what happened to it.

have you any more pics?

“have i got anymore pics”? :laughing: youre avin a larf mate…corse i av!

took this one in middle of the night, Dover. Looks like its brand new

hold onto yer hats…heres an F88!

is that the whole fleet then? :laughing:

thanks for the pics! they had quite a few motors, the picture of the 141 is a confusing one as they were bought from new and just before they were sold they all were converted to 6x2’s ive shown the pictures to three people who worked for robsons at that time and are 100% shaw they were all converted before they were sold.

from what i can remember there was a scania 111 another merc and a white 142 on malibu contract there was a few more but i was to young to remember. was some of those photos taken at the watford gap? they used to park there alot as they used to meet up there as there was a pub or club near by they used.

Watford Gap was mine and my mates haunt on a Sunday morning.
We used to go there most weekends from Northampton to catch all the “fleets” of Irish and Scotch boys heading to London and Dover.
You are right, those pics were taken there and at Dover.
It was a nice little pub (still there today) just a short walk from the services.

ive got a shot of the MAlibu Scania somewhere. have to dig it out.

There was a bloke who drove for Pan Express who lived in Banbury, I can’t remember his name though, he used to park in the layby near the cafe as you come from Adderbury.

you got LEMONMOUTH to thank for this article.
Taken from Motor Transport March 1st 1984.

Makes very interesting reading:

Truckerash dont suppose you can make my weekend and find some
G E FRANCIS TRANSPORT photos i loaned mine out and never got em back
that was a great firm to work for and some pics would bring back good memories
Bob

has anyone got any more pictures of robsons? cheers

Here are a few clippings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got some proper photos …somewhere :unamused: l’ll dig um out.

Cheers Marc.

530power:
the first 141 was drove from new by a man called georgie moore for eight years for robsons then my dad had it after for a few years.

the second motor was drove by my boss for robsons, so i’ll ask him what happened to it.

have you any more pics?

You still working for Tommy then Darren?

Didn’t Georgie Moore have the Malibu one, I’m sure he had a pic of it in his motor when i worked on Solstor with him?

Are Robsons still going, ? doing Holsten ?
I remember them bringing about 5 loads a day into Bibbys leeds depot in the early 90’s, we used to store and distribute holsten, i remember bibby’s getting 3 new cartwright tri -axle tautliners in holsten colours back then.
I always thought the Robsons outfits looked the part, All bright yellow and red, untill they got 5 new 113 centurions ( can’t remember the Numbers but they were genuine ) in plain white, they were’nt even topliner’s !, Did’nt they used to take them to Truckfest ?
Used to love the Holsten job though, 9 out 10 times you tipped and re-loaded at the same place, I think it was 91, or 92 , i spent nearly all summer taking empty holsten bottles from Leeds to the Scottish & Newcastle brewery in Edinburgh, then a short drive to Hays in Livingston, load with full bottles, then back to Leeds, no R D C’s, a nice, hassle free little number, even in a leyland Roadtrain 2032 !!!
jerry

robsons packed up in the mid 90’s my dad had j1 rrh one of the centurions most drivers that worked on robsons would say one of the best jobs they had, yeah they used to take them to truckshows the old man didn’t like it he used to take it up there for them and get a train home for the weekend thats if i didn’t nag him to take me.

yeah still working for tom how you know me? never said my name lol

thanks for the clippings bubbleman

I used to park next to your Dad in the yard & I worked for Tommy for a bit last year & I used to sub for Robbo before they went ■■■■ up.

530power , do you know / remember black George or Paul that worked at Robsons ? They both had centurians if i remember correctly . I used to see them at Rugby Truckstop regular on a Thursday night back in the day…the trucks where always spotless .
i saw George couple of years back walking round Truckfest Peterboro but haven"t seen Paul since he moved up to Rugby , thunk he met a girl called Helen that worked at the Truckstop , last i heard he was working for a firm in Rugby driving a red Scania Walkers or something like that …

Sumo