Top service Swansea

I know it’s not quite the same but I passed my Class 2 test late on Monday. My license was updated to include Cat C on Wednesday morning so less than 48 hours turnaround.

I’m expecting my license to be in my postbox today or tomorrow.

All I can say is well done Dvla sent license off for renewal 23rd of October returned yesterday 3rd November they must be pushing hgv through as priority

The incompetence knows no bounds. Like a fool I didn’t send them recorded post, that’s a lesson learnt the tough way

youtu.be/7BYMNVT4pdo

FFS, luke stop moaning why cant you get a job away from transport and move on… :unamused: :bulb:

Dj72:
All I can say is well done Dvla sent license off for renewal 23rd of October returned yesterday 3rd November they must be pushing hgv through as priority

Same here, sent renewal on the 22nd October with Medical, received back yesterday (3rd Nov) all good & no missing catagories :smiley:

Good to hear at least some people are having success.

Sent mine off today special delivery with D4 (Annual) also included pass certificate from 1972 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Will report on progress

Sent my Tacho Card and Licence for renewal, with medical over 70, in separate envelopes on 11 October, received new card on 29 October. Still waiting for licence, and I only live 12 miles from DVLA.

Received today:
Your original documents are enclosed.
Your driving licence should follow shortly - please allow 2weeks.

So that is 3 weeks since they received my docs - exactly what they say on the tin
I await with bated breath the return of my Full Class One by December 14th just in time for the Xmas Rush :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
Received today:
Your original documents are enclosed.
Your driving licence should follow shortly - please allow 2weeks.

So that is 3 weeks since they received my docs - exactly what they say on the tin
I await with bated breath the return of my Full Class One by December 14th just in time for the Xmas Rush :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My licence arrived before the documents.
Enjoy the Christmas ££££ bonanza :laughing:

Just to keep this updated, what with the christmas rush and everything else.

13 days from recorded posting to having the new licence back.

New photo added, no identity documents needed, no fee paid.

Lucky you Isaac
From your name, I guess you are related to most of the staff at DVLA

So I’m sorting mine out at the moment and under ‘Identity’ I’ve put down my passport number, and it’s a renewal, so I don’t need to send in any extra ID do it, such as Birth Certificate or anything?

Saratoga:
So I’m sorting mine out at the moment and under ‘Identity’ I’ve put down my passport number, and it’s a renewal, so I don’t need to send in any extra ID do it, such as Birth Certificate or anything?

Thats what I did, assuming you have a photocard license and not changing name.

switchlogic:
So……I emailed the DVLA CEO! julie.lennard@dvla.gov.uk

I wrote a long winded ranty email before I deleted it thinking getting her back up from the get go wasn’t exactly a good way to get things moving. So I went for upset and desperate (it’s a bit exaggerated)-0

One of her staff replied within two hours promising to look into it for me and two days later he came back to me-
youtu.be/Tofetejm7qs

So finally I’m getting somewhere. I have emailed her before but I imagine she gets a mountain of emailed and it’s luck of the draw, clearly pressed send at right time.

Good luck to everyone else struggling.

It’s not bloody dvla fault that you haven’t put some money away for a rainy day , you should take responsibility for your own actions , not blame everyone one else for your poor financial planning , your not some youngster are you , what have you done with your wages , obviously not saved any , hopefully you’ll learn a lesson but I doubt it
And as for the idiots going on about poor switoholic , you’re not helping the bloody situation , you’re just encouraging it , instead of him looking at himself , he thinks it’s the dvla fault he’s not saved any money , whirs he going to blame next week
Does my head in all these won’t save then want every ones bloody sympathy, well you won’t get mine , you reap what you sow !!!

Isaac, I know your brother Mike.

I went to school with two brothers:
Eric and Mike…(can’t remember their sister’s name though)
'nuff said… ?

Just my penny’s worth, I passed C+E last Friday at Guildford and left my licence with the test centre. Got my new licence back today, 7 day turnaround. No complaints about Swansea here (so far!).

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

My licence arrived on 15 December, over nine weeks since sent on 11 October. Obviously there isn’t a shortage of drivers.

If they had been a bit quicker I could have got some work to cover the £100 it cost me for the medical and driver card.