Honest question, honest answers please

Long story short, ex driver coming back to driving, HGV licence expired 10yrs ago. CPC course done, digi card received, medical done and passed, all sent off to Swansea recorded delivery and received by them.
So my question is this, how long will I be waiting for my licence to come back ?
Now honestly lads I’ve seen some answers on fakebook and I’ve found on there that there’s lots of people who will answer coz they heard it from a bloke down the pub, or the wife’s sisters friend so you get my drift.
Has anyone on here actual personal first hand knowledge or examples of how long I’ll be waiting ?
Honest answers please.

Over to Luke…he lurrves the DVLA. :smiley:

i thought that i had read in the rha mag that the dvla had re started their email so you could check they had received your application and that allowed you to drive until the card was returned, unless there was a medical query’ i could be wrong though, the wife thinks i am always wrong,

hotel magnum:
i thought that i had read in the rha mag that the dvla had re started their email so you could check they had received your application and that allowed you to drive until the card was returned, unless there was a medical query’ i could be wrong though, the wife thinks i am always wrong,

Maybe that’s right but my HGV licence had expired and it won’t be woken up again without the medical.
Anything done online with DVLA has been done and received by me in less than a week including when I bought a car, log book was done via post and done quickly but all I’m reading is horror stories about the length of time it’s taking them to renew HGV licences.

applecomson:

hotel magnum:

Maybe that’s right but my HGV licence had expired and it won’t be woken up again without the medical.
Anything done online with DVLA has been done and received by me in less than a week including when I bought a car, log book was done via post and done quickly but all I’m reading is horror stories about the length of time it’s taking them to renew HGV licences.

did my medical,sent it all away on a Friday,licence arrived back the following Thursday,no problems.

Hi, I did my whole licenses through the pandemic ie car to class 1, every time my license was sent to the DVLA I had it back with in the week

I’ve always had mine back in no more than ten days. Last renewal was January this year. There does seem to be longer delays now though due to industrial action.
Anyway, going by what you’ve told us, I’m fairly sure you will be covered under Section 88, to drive right away, and for up to a year.
Check it out on the DVLA site.

About a week

robthedog:
About a week

DVLA received my application on the 18th June, I check online everyday to see if my entitlements have been put back on my licence but as of last night they’re still not on there.

Old John:
I’ve always had mine back in no more than ten days. Last renewal was January this year. There does seem to be longer delays now though due to industrial action.
Anyway, going by what you’ve told us, I’m fairly sure you will be covered under Section 88, to drive right away, and for up to a year.
Check it out on the DVLA site.

My car licence expired around 2015 and I renewed that online and it came back minus my HGV and PSV entitlements, I got told I had to do my medical and they’d be reinstated but no Section 88.

Redstar46:
Hi, I did my whole licenses through the pandemic ie car to class 1, every time my license was sent to the DVLA I had it back with in the week

Car licence, digi card and CPC card were all done online and arrived in less than a week. This HGV renewal thing is according to many people taking weeks ■■
It’s mental as I’m turning down good money because of DVLA and I want to be working.

Dvla work in mysterious ways you can wait 7 weeks for a digi card, or get a new change of licence in 3 days.
I’m sure postbox Swansea 99 is hogwarts

applecomson:
Long story short, ex driver coming back to driving, HGV licence expired 10yrs ago. CPC course done, digi card received, medical done and passed, all sent off to Swansea recorded delivery and received by them.
So my question is this, how long will I be waiting for my licence to come back ?

Maybe six months if there are no issues with the medical part.

Done my renewal in March, took 6 weeks to get my new card.

applecomson:

Redstar46:

Car licence, digi card and CPC card were all done online and arrived in less than a week. This HGV renewal thing is according to many people taking weeks ■■
It’s mental as I’m turning down good money because of DVLA and I want to be working.

Why let you’re entitlement go then?
No sympathy here you get entitlement to drive you hang onto it.
You obviously thought there was better out there for you.
That never worked out eh?
Youll never get rich driving a wagon but you’ll always eat

hotel magnum:

Are we married to the same woman?

Daf245:

Well, because people do sometimes change their occupation if it suits their personal circumstances at the time and if someone does do that it wouldn’t necessarily make sense to spend £500+ on renewing a licence that wasn’t required.

I don’t think he was asking for sympathy.

Harry Monk:

Daf245:

Well, because people do sometimes change their occupation if it suits their personal circumstances at the time and if someone does do that it wouldn’t necessarily make sense to spend £500+ on renewing a licence that wasn’t required.

Well he wants licence now all off a sudden

Daf245:

applecomson:

Redstar46:

You obviously thought there was better out there for you.
That never worked out eh?
Youll never get rich driving a wagon but you’ll always eat

Why ? I left England in 2009 to live abroad and a long long way from the EU, I had a business where I was living and that relied on tourism, then the chinese flu arrived and the country I lived in died a death and no tourists were allowed in. I gave it a year to see if things would change and then grabbed what I could and came back here and as I’m nowhere near retiring I want to go back to what I did before and that is driving HGV’s.
Does that answer your question ?

Harry Monk:

Daf245:

Cheers, no sympathy being asked for at all just honest answers as to how long I’ll have to wait from other people’s personal experience.