Information Needed

I had to send off my licence for its annual renewal ( HGV )…sent the doctors report etc and was waiting for a letter from DVLA ( medical dept ) to take a treadmill test. So seeing that my licence was sent on the 8th April, i was getting a bit worried, and seeing that i need my car licence for my trip down to BG at the end of July, i rang them. They sent me a new licence, and the paper bit, but dated it the 2nd June, and they told me that when ive finished my holiday, to send my licence back. Now i assume that they will re- examine my right to drive HGVs, and maybe authorise my treadmill test only when i return my licence, which will be in September. My licence for hgvs runs out in July, so am i right in thinking that i cannot drive hgvs until i have, been passed fit to drive, or have indeed received my newly dated licence. Swansea is such a pain in the ■■■■ with having to phone them, and they keep you hanging on for ages and ages, plus i forgot to ask them…doh !!

You won’t be able to drive trucks from when your entitlement expires in June until you gain it back.

if you are dealing with medical dept of the dvla be prepared for wait as im still waiting for my application to be sorted and it was sent in feb 2011 after refusing my application before and refered in may was told they are still sorting cases from march they have admitted there is a backlog i have not seen my actual photocard licence since 26th novemeber 2010

Thanks everyone, problem sorted…Rog sent me also a prompt reply, and i was grateful for that.
Looks like i might have to take an early holiday…shame…shame