HGV Medical-DVLA Backlog

Sent off my medical forms etc 2 weeks before my 45th birthday and still not had them back. I rang the DVLA to see where they are and they told me they are still dealing with a backlog from April 22nd :open_mouth: . I was advised i can still drive under section 88.
So if your medical forms have just been sent, please be aware of the backlog :frowning:

Regards, Richard.

Change your photo a few months before medical due and bypass the backlog (if this will be the first time you will be issued with the new style licence) as this will give another 5 years before medical due -its weird, legal and it works due to some EU ruling

Typical DVLA tossers, backlog this backlog that. Waste of ■■■■■■■ space the lot of them :imp:

I can confirm there is a delay, mine has been with them since the middle of February, but there is hope :laughing:

I have retired now and once you get to 70 you have to renew your car licence due to a old medical condition the form goes to the medical section it took 3months they confirmed the backlog ,I believe there was job cuts at the dvla so they are probably working to rule

I had a 2nd Heart attack in February and had a Stent put in. Luckily I was sent to Harefield
as an emergency, all over within 20 mins of arrival never felt better in my life, the wonders of modern technology and the best cardiac team in UK.
As I have had an Intervention DVLA rules state that I had 3 months off work (Class 1 HGV)
but could drive a car as normal.
After 8 weeks did the DVLA exercise test at their request, checked with hospital that results had been sent to Swansea then checked with Swansea to check results had been received, they had, so sent in my licence to be renewed. Result - new licence returned in 5 working days, cant complain!