Treadmill test

Need to do a treadmill test to renew licence in Feb.
Do DVLA send forms out or do i have to badger them to sort it? Given all the hoo ha recently about admin delays in Swansea.

They should send out the D4 etc automatically as I don’t think therws any himan involvement. Not sure what else you need for the test, but I guess that will be included too. (Even DVLA are semi competent).

Your problem might be whether you can still drive under section 88. Assuming ypu’ve previously renewed with this condition then I would say its fine unless docs say no.

The delays might be sorted by then, maybe.

I was in a similar position in january, I knew they wouldn’t renew my licence (which expired 28/01/21) without an echo cardiogram done by their appointed doctor, I waited for the forms to come in the post untill early Jan then tried phoning them and couldn’t get through, a few days of trying and I realised what a mess they were in. On the advice of my employer I sent off a renewal application without a D4 by recorded delivery. This was eventually actioned and I recieved a letter to say they had my application and I could drive under sec88 while the application was processed and their medical team sorted an appointment. My new licence runs from mid May so nearly 4 months delay and that was before they started striking. If I were you I’d start now.

Cheers for replies chaps, had to do treadmill after minor heart attack 3 years ago, they informed me then I’d have to do one every 3 years. Hgv is up in 2024 anyway & i wont bother to renew, after 44yrs I’ve done my bit. Sounds like i may have to start ball rolling myself asap.

After 44 years youve done your bit, my bit and most everybodys bit!