Top service Swansea

Don’t build your hopes up.
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … rikes.html

6 weeks and still waiting. According to the DVLA webshite they are currently processing renewals from August.

Just checked DVLA online and my license has been sorted. Took about 6 weeks from them receiving my forms to updating it on their site.

The thing that ■■■■■■ me off whilst I was waiting for my licence to come back (which it did about a month ago now) was that the majority of businesses and organisations would issue an apology if things had gone ■■■■ up and was affecting their service to the general public however the DVLA just issued a “warning!” :imp:

Speaks volumes about their mindset doesn’t it.

inews.co.uk/news/hgv-driver-sho … st-1249209

Sent mine off in June, checked online on Sunday night while I was at work and it’s been renewed, 4 months it took.
It’s the last one i’ll be doing, i’ll be 64 when it’s due again, I think it’ll be time to call it quits.

I’m type 1 diabetic. Renewed my licence in June with D4 because dvla said I needed too as I renew yearly(not true). Sent licence off, doctor missed a tick box,application returned (3 week delay).
After 3 week delay started driving on section 88. At the beginning of August brown envelope in post with licence inside[emoji16]. Doctor ticked wrong box on medical questionnaire saying I don’t realise the onset of a hypo(not true) licence revoked [emoji30].
Doctors sent correct evidence (on pain of death),start of another long wait. I phone dvla every week & last week I complained that work were hassling me & I’d had enough, was put on hold for 10 mins then told they had spoken to the team dealing with my case & I have been put on “highest priority”. Still waiting.
Doctors[emoji90]dvla[emoji90]

So……I emailed the DVLA CEO! julie.lennard@dvla.gov.uk

I wrote a long winded ranty email before I deleted it thinking getting her back up from the get go wasn’t exactly a good way to get things moving. So I went for upset and desperate (it’s a bit exaggerated)-

One of her staff replied within two hours promising to look into it for me and two days later he came back to me-
youtu.be/Tofetejm7qs

So finally I’m getting somewhere. I have emailed her before but I imagine she gets a mountain of emailed and it’s luck of the draw, clearly pressed send at right time.

Good luck to everyone else struggling.

Received my Tacho card renewal on Thursday, it expires in December, went on line Thursday, New card arrived Today…

switchlogic:
So……I emailed the DVLA CEO! julie.lennard@dvla.gov.uk

I wrote a long winded ranty email before I deleted it thinking getting her back up from the get go wasn’t exactly a good way to get things moving. So I went for upset and desperate (it’s a bit exaggerated)-0

One of her staff replied within two hours promising to look into it for me and two days later he came back to me-
youtu.be/Tofetejm7qs

So finally I’m getting somewhere. I have emailed her before but I imagine she gets a mountain of emailed and it’s luck of the draw, clearly pressed send at right time.

Good luck to everyone else struggling.

Good timing, glad things are starting to move for you.

Thank you. So happy to be able to drive anything again. Living so out of the way isn’t great when you rely on buses

switchlogic:
Thank you. So happy to be able to drive anything again. Living so out of the way isn’t great when you rely on buses

Nice one Luke, pleased for ya.
At least now you have a chance to get back on your feet financially and have the means to travel to a job.

Once the new intake arrives from overseas, and duly puts in for their UK licences - rest assured the DVLA will suddenly then completely open up, “business back to normal”… :angry: Can’t have any delays for the freshly imported cheap labour - can we? :imp:

silverman:
Just sent my licence renewal form and D4 medical form to Swansea this morning. Will post progress when (or if) there is any progress to report.

So, I had my medical at 4.35pm on Thursday 7th October, sent forms off Friday 8th October, arrived at Swansea Saturday 9th October. Received my licence back today Wednesday 27th October. Looks like they are getting back to normal.

DVLA received mine 1/10 so the text message said, just checked online and new one valid from 21/10. All entitlements still there too.

not got it in my hand yet, but our post is awful at the minute, getting maybe 1 delivery a week. All either off sick or left :open_mouth:

robroy:

switchlogic:

Nice one Luke, pleased for ya.
At least now you have a chance to get back on your feet financially and have the means to travel to a job.

Thank you, absolutely. It’s cheered me up no end now I can at least look for driving work in vans or cars, something approaching what was normal life.

biggriffin:
Received my Tacho card renewal on Thursday, it expires in December, went on line Thursday, New card arrived Today…

Online stuff doesn’t require opening the post and somebody physically reading it - that’s where it all goes wrong :cry:

I got my tacho card well sharpish - driving licence renewal a totally different story.

msgyorkie:
Did mine on 2nd September. Posted same day. Had an email on 6th September to say they have received it. Heard bugger all since.

UPDATE* Licence arrived in the post today 27th October. So they are currently dealing with early septembers.

Done my medical in August, the website finally got updated until 27/10/26 this morning. I’ll expect my plastic card in the post by the end of the week then?

It seems to be a full five year renewal from the date they updated the website, rather than from five years from 2020 like I was expecting…

Just sent mine off fri 29/10 with annual D4 ,reg post , will keep you all informed.
Always seem to be lucky and get minimum delay with dvla even in these troubled times.
Heres hoping
Jim
Update tx recvd acknowledged reciept of renewal forms.