Top service Swansea

Juddian:
They must be prioritising HGV licences, can’t work out why some are taking months though.

Are they buggery. Can only assume he won a lottery or it was lucky dip. Thousands of us are being totally done over by this disgusting organisation

Dunno Luke, i can’t work out why mine, for example, would be picked out and processed.
It has to go to the medical dept due to (long long ago :cry: ) childhood injury, so its not as if its just a tick box job for someone.

switchlogic:

Juddian:
They must be prioritising HGV licences, can’t work out why some are taking months though.

Are they buggery. Can only assume he won a lottery or it was lucky dip. Thousands of us are being totally done over by this disgusting organisation

Have you tried starting again from scratch and reporting your plastic card lost?

First things first don’t just stick it in the post box, get it sent recorded delivery.
Secondly make sure every single box is ticked and you’ve provided everything they require re identity etc, anything needing more intensive from their side is bound to be delayed if they are under pressure and can process 10 applications that are simple(ish) in the time it would take to sort out one with errors or needing medical consultations.

No doubt if your doctor’s surgery needs to be contacted that will cause long delays, not necessarily DVLA’s fault if your surgery has someone who would make a fine gulag guard on reception or your doctor is still hiding under the bed.

Juddian:
Dunno Luke, i can’t work out why mine, for example, would be picked out and processed.
It has to go to the medical dept due to (long long ago :cry: ) childhood injury, so its not as if its just a tick box job for someone.

So does mine. It’s all exhausting

stu675:

switchlogic:

Juddian:

Have you tried starting again from scratch and reporting your plastic card lost?

I don’t have a licence so one won’t appear that way. The physical licence is mostly irrelevant these days.

Juddian:
No doubt if your doctor’s surgery needs to be contacted that will cause long delays, not necessarily DVLA’s fault if your surgery has someone who would make a fine gulag guard on reception or your doctor is still hiding under the bed.

As explained in the video my surgery was contacted, who called me in, he did a medical and we sat and completed the form in front of me. It was returned that day. Only for DVLA to send me a carbon copy of the letter they sent nearly 5 weeks ago. The doctor isn’t the problem. Trust me, I’m telling first hand and straight up now, THIS IS ALL DVLAs fault. No idea why you seem to defend them. Was 12 weeks after first sending my application before they sent me a letter to authorise my doctor to speak to them, then another 11 before they actually contacted the doctor, and now 4/5 later we’ve gone back weeks to stage two. The DVLA are a national embarrassment and a disgrace. I’m overwhelmed with messages from people who’s lives are being destroyed by this disgusting careless organisation.

I feel for you. My license was revoked 8 years ago due to my GP at the time making a mistake. It took me over a year to get it sorted and DVLA were an absolute nightmare to deal with. I got it back eventually and also a few hundred £ in compensation. I still lost out on earnings and had to take a factory job to make ends meet. Every medical is an anxious wait, even though I have no medical issues because mistakes happen but DVLA will not easily admit that they do.

I heard someone suggest that all new applications get dumped on the top of the pile, then they start working through them, if yours doesn’t get done today then tomorrows lot gets put on the top.

I’m sure that’s not actually the case but then again…with the DVLA anything is possible!

> 8wheels:
> I heard someone suggest that all new applications get dumped on the top of the pile, then they start working through them, if yours doesn’t get done today then tomorrows lot gets put on the top.

A bit like our TIR carnets at Achen before the EU did away with all that border bollox

switchlogic:

Juddian:

As explained in the video my surgery was contacted, who called me in, he did a medical and we sat and completed the form in front of me. It was returned that day. Only for DVLA to send me a carbon copy of the letter they sent nearly 5 weeks ago. The doctor isn’t the problem. Trust me, I’m telling first hand and straight up now, THIS IS ALL DVLAs fault. No idea why you seem to defend them. Was 12 weeks after first sending my application before they sent me a letter to authorise my doctor to speak to them, then another 11 before they actually contacted the doctor, and now 4/5 later we’ve gone back weeks to stage two. The DVLA are a national embarrassment and a disgrace. I’m overwhelmed with messages from people who’s lives are being destroyed by this disgusting careless organisation.

You are less than an hours drive from the DVLA office. Have you considered going there, and causing a small commotion? You’ve not got much to lose, and the media love that sort of thing. If you decide to camp outside, we can sort you with some hot meals.

A few have suggested this but they’ve got tens of thousands of applications backed up, they won’t give a s t about one whinger protesting outside. Plus it would be about 3 busses to get there from here

I posted mine on the 7th July, had a text on the 4th August, still waiting. You cannot ring them and when i tried the online form I was told my license didn’t exist. I’ve written to my MP, and told the DVLA on my last email that I’d given up trying. How are the new guys going to get their licenses?

Watched a programme on BBC this morning called ‘Rip off Britain’…(you should be able to get it on BBC I player,)
It highlighted all this DVLA gross incompetence stuff.
A woman who had driven trucks 30 years had to go on insulin, and had her licence revoked,.and was then passed medically fut to drive a few months later.
She experienced similar issues to Luke, but the BBC basically embarrased DVLA into getting their fingers out,.and she is now back on the road.
Not saying Luke should go down the same route, but it proves that there are ways and means by thinking out ofthe box.

switchlogic:

stu675:

switchlogic:
[quote=

I don’t have a licence so one won’t appear that way. The physical licence is mostly irrelevant these days.

Have you thought about lessons and a test then?

I sent my paperwork on Sept. 11th, and as of right now I have both my physical licence and digital tacho card in hand.

~3.5 weeks for me!

stu675:

switchlogic:

Juddian:

If you do that, no doubt THAT message will get through immediately, with your current card being cancelled outright, meaning you cannot drive on section 88 as well.
Be careful what you wish for, as there’s more to this than meets the eye (An obvious thing for the Conspiracy Theorist to say, - Right?) :exclamation:

Winseer:

stu675:

switchlogic:

Juddian:

If you do that, no doubt THAT message will get through immediately, with your current card being cancelled outright, meaning you cannot drive on section 88 as well.
Be careful what you wish for, as there’s more to this than meets the eye (An obvious thing for the Conspiracy Theorist to say, - Right?) :exclamation:

In this online word we live in the plastic card is mostly irrelevant

That is true, but when something such as a “Data Entry” that would take a few seconds of some Bureaucrat to enter and it still doesn’t get done in hours, days, weeks and months - you’ve gotta wonder if they are doing this as some kind of "Resisting the Public" rather than actually trying to achieve anything on anyone’s behalf, even their own.

Just sent my licence renewal form and D4 medical form to Swansea this morning. Will post progress when (or if) there is any progress to report.