Top drivers at your company

been reading an article recently in a mag about how a driver was the firms top man and drove the flagship motors guy writing the article has high praise for him

this same bloke was a driver trainer for a firm i worked for, i can remember him having hissy fits in the office because someone else had got a run to italy, keeping well away from the uk quarry work the company got, telling the various planners who worked there that he only did this work or that work, but best of all his incidents we werent allowed to rib him for on orders from the boss,

like taking out the corrugated gable end of a tank wash, after he drove off in a huff with the silo tank still up and bending trailer bumper then snapping half of it off when he tried to get a forkie to straighten it

bloke was something else now whos your firms top drivers?.. :smiley:

Was an arse licker at my last place…Nuff said. :wink:

I was second best driver once…when I was an O/D :blush:

Oh yes, it’s like that “Top Gun” bloke on the recent TV series, “Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers”, the “foreman driver” is always the most obsequious bum licker on the firm.

Well I’m surprised the gaffer could sit on the chair with all the gob on his crack! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m the top driver at my firm but my boss is a proper slave driver. Ah the joy of owner driving :smiley:

thats another one harry, topgun, expects other drivers to move on a break because his 15 is nearly up… :unamused: , come on mo if your “the best” surely you would have a reserved parking space at ockenden?..lol

Our “foremen” drivers rush about, get back to yard at 3 and complain theres no work. Ones running (or should I say lapping me) on a premix run today. Batcher wants us to run slowly but other driver knows best…Ive had 3 coffees in 3 loads and Im the driver whos being kept on once the work goes quiet in the next hour.

Muckaway:
Our “foremen” drivers rush about, get back to yard at 3 and complain theres no work. Ones running (or should I say lapping me) on a premix run today. Batcher wants us to run slowly but other driver knows best…Ive had 3 coffees in 3 loads and Im the driver whos being kept on once the work goes quiet in the next hour.

Any prizes for guessing who it is, would he be driving a DAF by any chance. :wink:

top drivers at your company

I will leave that to the other drivers to fight for , Plenty of them want to be.

altitude:

Muckaway:

Any prizes for guessing who it is, would he be driving a DAF by any chance. :wink:

Yep; Got to get it paid for :laughing:

The only problem with being a top driver, is that there is only one way to go. :smiley:

wirralpete:
thats another one harry, topgun, expects other drivers to move on a break because his 15 is nearly up… :unamused: , come on mo if your “the best” surely you would have a reserved parking space at ockenden?..lol

The same Topgun who let it be seen on national TV that when the M25 was closed he went via the North Circ’ :unamused: & suprise,suprise got stuck in traffic & was late? :laughing: :laughing:
Hmm not a particularily wise move,but then if you don’t know your way around then that’s what happens :wink: . Glad I’m not up in the higher echelons!

We have two self appointented top drivers , easily recognised by the fact they are the only ones allowed to wear tank tops with the company name on .

Harry Monk:
Oh yes, it’s like that “Top Gun” bloke on the recent TV series, “Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers”, the “foreman driver” is always the most obsequious bum licker on the firm.

HEY!!

I’m the foreman driver at our yard, by title only, I drive nice and slow, no rush, only the foreman because they needed someone English speaking to sort paperwork and tacho’s out due to us being a remote depot (only 5 trucks) with no managers.

waynedl:

Harry Monk:

HEY!!

I’m the foreman driver at our yard, by title only, I drive nice and slow, no rush, only the foreman because they needed someone English speaking to sort paperwork and tacho’s out due to us being a remote depot (only 5 trucks) with no managers.

you on tanker work?

“Top Drivers” and “Flagship Motors”? Truck magazines don’t really do us any favours do they?

As for the cabhappy clown who thinks he is the ‘top man’… (and it is nearly always a bloke who thinks this) just leave him to be the legend in his own lunchtime that he thinks he is.

The planning staff probably ■■■■ themselves laughing behind his back, just like everybody else.

W

wirralpete:

It’s funny you should say that Pete! I had a reserved parking space at Ockendon for 2 years! The two of us Night Trampers found it difficult to park at night with all the Agency drivers they used! :laughing:

Top drivers we are not! :smiley:

its alright dessy, i was so far down the pecking order during my time at stobarts that even the slovakian truck wash guys would spit on me!.. :smiley:

update on the original post, was talking to a mate today about this who still works with him, turns out hes also damaged underrun bar on tanker as well as popping two tyres as he drove off the weighbridge at omya in buxton recently…god i miss the guy… :laughing:

wirralpete:
its alright dessy, i was so far down the pecking order during my time at stobarts that even the slovakian truck wash guys would spit on me!.. :smiley:

update on the original post, was talking to a mate today about this who still works with him, turns out hes also damaged underrun bar on tanker as well as popping two tyres as he drove off the weighbridge at omya in buxton recently…god i miss the guy… :laughing:

Pete,

Whatever your ‘interesting’ ex colleague might think of himself. I can assure you his boss doesn’t think the same.

Drivers can whinge and whine about who gets the best runs all day long all the Gaffer thinks about is the delivery. They don’t care who takes it.

What bosses do care about it their wallets. Start hitting that and the only thing your mate will be top of is the redundancy list.

W