Top drivers at your company

not the case im affraid mate, boss lets him get away with anything hence a lot of ■■■■■■ off drivers there.

his nickname is the captain as he thinks hes in charge

lads at basell in carrington call him the ferryman after he ranted at them to hurry up and get him loaded as he had a ferry to catch, guess who gets held up now every time he goes in there :smiley:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:
We have two self appointented top drivers , easily recognised by the fact they are the only ones allowed to wear tank tops with the company name on .

I’m top driver at my place, because I have a TruckNet fleece from the days when I used to be a moderator. :wink:

mickyblue:

waynedl:

Harry Monk:
Oh yes, it’s like that “Top Gun” bloke on the recent TV series, “Eddie Stobart Trucks and Trailers”, the “foreman driver” is always the most obsequious bum licker on the firm.

HEY!!

I’m the foreman driver at our yard, by title only, I drive nice and slow, no rush, only the foreman because they needed someone English speaking to sort paperwork and tacho’s out due to us being a remote depot (only 5 trucks) with no managers.

you on tanker work?

No mate, boxes

wirralpete:
not the case im affraid mate, boss lets him get away with anything hence a lot of ■■■■■■ off drivers there.

his nickname is the captain as he thinks hes in charge

lads at basell in carrington call him the ferryman after he ranted at them to hurry up and get him loaded as he had a ferry to catch, guess who gets held up now every time he goes in there :smiley:

Perhaps you should call him “Turd”…as he hangs out the bosses’ arse.

Muckaway:
Perhaps you should call him “Turd”…as he hangs out the bosses’ arse.

One of the drivers at my last place was nicknamed “Andrex” :wink:

Stobarts top driver must be the fella who now manages the Truck cleaning in Widnes! Was a Tramper then drove the Horses about then cleaning Scanias! :laughing:
You’ll know who I mean if you watched T and T’s :unamused:

AlexWignall:
As for the cabhappy clown who thinks he is the ‘top man’… (and it is nearly always a bloke who thinks this) just leave him to be the legend in his own lunchtime that he thinks he is.

The planning staff probably ■■■■ themselves laughing behind his back, just like everybody else.

W

We’ve got one of those cab happy clowns at our place, thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread, and that if he had a day off the company would shut down, always trys to shift the blame onto everyone else when he makes a mistake and is a constant source of MMTM stories :unamused:

and the best one is youd swear he was off on long distance run to the back of beyond when he loads his gear into the,cab on a monday morning as a driver on a dedicated contract , where he’ll do a whole 150km a day and then go to our other depot after his 10 hour shift so he can book a night out

we have a guy in our yard on nights an although he is a great bloke he does say he is the best driver on nights in the place must be true as he was the only one who ever got the distance work dispite only me and him wanted to di it
i find the best drivers are the ones that come in say morning to the office get there notes and get going and dont bother the office unless they really have too

dessy:
Stobarts top driver must be the fella who now manages the Truck cleaning in Widnes! Was a Tramper then drove the Horses about then cleaning Scanias! :laughing:
You’ll know who I mean if you watched T and T’s :unamused:

no exactly who you mean :wink:

I was always the understudy’s replacement. The star men are also the grasses in the company, that is how they keep their damaged trucks.

I have never considered myself to be top dog, and learned a saying when I was 16 and thought I was important.

No one is indispensable

I’m just awaiting delivery of my ‘driver of the year’ truck :sunglasses:

C-Kay:
I’m just awaiting delivery of my ‘driver of the year’ truck :sunglasses:

Same here; Foden with a split screen I think :laughing:

be surprised if we had a ‘top’ driver
on farm delivery , we all have to wallow in the cow muck to get the job done sometimes, we got some better than others & i’d like to think i’m among them , but the bottom line is we’re all as bad as each other

MolePower:
on farm delivery , we all have to wallow in the cow muck to get the job done sometimes, we got some better than others & i’d like to think i’m among them , but the bottom line is we’re all as bad as each other

i like to disagree with you there moley mate there aint many of our drivers who make it into a truck magazine !! take a bow !! your number 1 in my eyes mate haha !!

pimmer73:

MolePower:

i like to disagree with you there moley mate there aint many of our drivers who make it into a truck magazine !! take a bow !! your number 1 in my eyes mate haha !!

T & D Took a quote from here , not quite what i call being in a mag :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

anyway i thought you were at a funeral , not really time for ha ha’s for you is it :open_mouth:
still now yer over on the clean side . i spose you would be one of the better ones , got out of that Xmas rota nicely havent you ! :unamused:

If you believe them(the Drivers), Maritime have got a company full of “Top Drivers” as everyone you meet is a know it who wont do this and that…

They’ve also got a company full of bull ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ but thats another story!

am top driver at my place of work, how do i know this? because i get all the [zb] jobs to do

My old man used to say to get to the top you have to start at the bottom get start kissing.

your usually top driver or number 1 driver at our place if the muppets in transport want a favour doing. apart from that were all numbers

jonboy

You can always tell when you’re in the company of a top driver.They’re the ones who are driving a complete shed,and announce to all within earshot :''I don’t usually drive this.It’s the spare motor,mine’s in for its first MOT". Then,a few days later…same guy,same shed. :laughing: :laughing: