Stobarts

Afternoon,

Probably gonna get ripped here but got a job working for stobarts in 2 weeks, any useful advise on what to expect?

Thanks in advance for the genuine comments.

Seem to be good and bad going by posts. A job is job at the end of the day. Good luck with it. You never know, you might get on TV, end up on Big Brother or “I’m a celebrity get me out of this wooded area on the outskirts of a major city expunged of all deadly wildlife turned into a film set with half a dozen rats and a couple of parrots from Pets R Us” and get to screw a model or two. :smiley:

I work for them Iain. Any questions, send me a PM.

Out of pure curiosity I’d like to know what it’s like to work for them, they do get slated a lot and that tv programme did em no favours making out like they all super heroes or something!! Lol…

We are superheroes.

Keep it between us though.

Thanks guys, heard it’s a good company to work for.

Its just like any big company to work for. At the end of the day you are just a number and a bum on the seat.

Will do eagerneaver…[emoji6]

eagerbeaver:
We are superheroes.

Keep it between us though.

You spelt top bellend wrong?!

I am above top bellend, I am more like a master bellend.

Anyway Ash, how’s it going? You wrecked your motor yet??

eagerbeaver:

He can’t answer you, he’s currently stuck on the M27 and out of hours! :laughing:
I kid you not…

eagerbeaver:

■■■■ ■■■■ and ■■■■, quitting my job very shortly ie within the next ■■■■■■■ week!

Park that crappy van up, and get in a real man’s truck.

Give us a clue about which Stobarts as the company has split into many branches. Which depot?

I work for Stobarts out of Stoke .
Was anyone up Tesco Goole yesterday. Loads of drivers waiting for green trailers for hours. I had to get out of there with a double decker.
You have your good days and bad days with Stobarts just got to crack on.

wally22:
I work for Stobarts out of Stoke .
Was anyone up Tesco Goole yesterday. Loads of drivers waiting for green trailers for hours. I had to get out of there with a double decker.
You have your good days and bad days with Stobarts just got to crack on.

A mate of mine ran out of hours in there this morning waiting for one, stupid really as only works out of Sherburn no need to run him out of hours

I Heard from a friends husband that he thought it was a terrible company to work for ,

I Cant really see that to be honest, do you enjoy it there eagerbeaver ?

im very green in my journey at the moment listening to others experiences trying to weed out the good from the bad, the positive from the negatives,

I expect its like anything you put in to it what you get out of it.

I don’t have a problem with the place mate. We had no empty trailers at Appleton either this morning! Some of the lads moan about waiting for wagons, or waiting for trailers etc, but you are getting paid,so sit in the canteen and wait!

Hardly the end of the world. I think the main issue, is that, if you start late, you invariably will finish late. But I have worked for another large general haulage company, and they are pretty much all the same.

Plenty knock Stobart’s, but in reality, you will only know if you like it by trying it.

eagerbeaver:
you will only know if you like it by trying it.

What was the wife’s answer? :open_mouth:

" Ouch. I don’t think that is supposed to go in there ".