Stobarts

eagerbeaver:
" Ouch. I don’t think that is supposed to go in there ".

Nope, I’ve got nothing…

Lobotomy would help

eagerbeaver:
I don’t have a problem with the place mate. We had no empty trailers at Appleton either this morning! Some of the lads moan about waiting for wagons, or waiting for trailers etc, but you are getting paid,so sit in the canteen and wait!

Hardly the end of the world. I think the main issue, is that, if you start late, you invariably will finish late. But I have worked for another large general haulage company, and they are pretty much all the same.

Plenty knock Stobart’s, but in reality, you will only know if you like it by trying it.

I got sent into Daresbury to pick a empty up the other week just had to return a empty back at end of shift, but beat sitting there

eagerbeaver:
Park that crappy van up, and get in a real man’s truck.

Unless you can get 11 BMW’s on it it’s not a real man’s truck. 16.5m is for boys! :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:
I don’t have a problem with the place mate. We had no empty trailers at Appleton either this morning! Some of the lads moan about waiting for wagons, or waiting for trailers etc, but you are getting paid,so sit in the canteen and wait!

Hardly the end of the world. I think the main issue, is that, if you start late, you invariably will finish late. But I have worked for another large general haulage company, and they are pretty much all the same.

Plenty knock Stobart’s, but in reality, you will only know if you like it by trying it.

Yeah like anything i suppose, whats good for one might not be good for another,

He was probably just another moaner.

Don’t knock till you try I say.

I’ve managed 8 and a half years

Can’t be that bad then, I’ll be on the haulage side in sherburn.

Stobarts get a bad rap from drivers, most of those that slag them off have never driven for them, but because of their high profile and telly program they’ll find anything to have a dig at them and the drivers, though I bet most of those that complain about Stobarts being on telly would have been groveling all over the TV crews to get on telly themselves if they’d been at Stobarts at the time. :smiley:

The truth is they’ll be like all other large logistics companies, but with a higher public profile.

eagerbeaver:
" Ouch. I don’t think that is supposed to go in there ".

That’s my belly button get it out of there!

happysack:
I’ve managed 8 and a half years

Sounds like your content there sack, fair play,

I Would jump at the chance of a stobart drive after my training but i kinda doubt that lol, looks like i may have a few years of hit and miss agency driving,

Hang on lol thats if i actually pass, knew i was forgetting something, :smiley:

Hang on thats if i get my licence back with the provisionals on there … ahhhhh such a long road ahead lol.

Wee Man:
I Would jump at the chance of a stobart drive after my training but i kinda doubt that lol, looks like i may have a few years of hit and miss agency driving,

Beaver had only been driving class 1 for about 6 months when they set him on. It’s more about attitude than anything.

PaulNowak:

Wee Man:

Beaver had only been driving class 1 for about 6 months when they set him on. It’s more about attitude than anything.

Good to hear paul. :slight_smile:

I passed my test in the September got a interview and assessment drive and started in the October, so don’t worry about having no experience I think they like it that way no bad habits then

Trucker Ed:
I passed my test in the September got a interview and assessment drive and started in the October, so don’t worry about having no experience I think they like it that way no bad habits then

That is really encouraging,

Do you know of anyone getting lucky with tankers without 2 years exp ? and how do you get exp on tankers without a drive ?

Speaking of Stobarts, I’m sat waiting at Sherburn with 3 pallets. Nice place, loads of room here.

Saw one of their units pulling a Hermes trailer this morning

Wee Man:

Trucker Ed:

That is really encouraging,

Do you know of anyone getting lucky with tankers without 2 years exp ? and how do you get exp on tankers without a drive ?

No idea about the tanker side I’ve heard of them training you up if you want to move to tankers obviously depending on position been available

blue estate:
Saw one of their units pulling a Hermes trailer this morning

Saw on at Thurrdock two weeks ago with one, every early Saturday morning. They even subbed for us a few times, the driver I spoke to though wasn’t very pleased with the trailer he had mind.

I was at Aylesford one night, parked up on the estate, good couple of months ago, possibly longer, ever trailer that came out of there had a Stobarts unit on.